How do I import this test file for laser

Hey @Wolfgang
You have the options to load as black/white, greyscale, vector or put some text in.

If you want to laser such a picture i would recommened to make it as vector (normaly used to cut things, but the edges are sharper)

Check it out!

2 Likes

Hi,
i have a german version,
and the translation is worse than bad…
Never came to the idea that should mean vector…
Have tried it, now it looks better.
Tomorrow i will try it again from the original.

Thanks a lot for your help!!!
And if somehow the camera module will start working, it would be great to try some laser engraving in leatherwork we plan!

Regards,
Wolfgang

no problems loading as B&W and Greyscale

Hi,
and thanks,
looks it has to be transported trough the www to work…l
Wil try it tomorrow with different filters to see how it works.
Thanks a lot for your partnership!

1 Like

Hi, the German translation should be improved in the next version :joy:. Now that the Snapmaker Luban is open source and users are helping out with the translation and stuff.

Hi,
if you send me copy,
i can read through if that helps.
Regards,
Wolfgang

Thank you for your offer. The release of the new version is near. You can file an issue on GitHub or let us know here on the forum when the new version comes out if there is some issue with the translation. Thank you!

Hello all; I am late to this party and wondered how to best make progress. I was attempting to laser etch an image and the settings were not producing anything on the first run. The second run produced very a faint image at a size of 80 x 80mm on 2mm thick plywood.

The laser power was 85%. The image algorithm used was Stucki and contrast and brightness were set to 60.

The Density was set to 10, Jog = 1500mm/min - Workspeed 2500mm/min - Dwell time = 5 - Passes was set to 2 and Pass depth = 1mm. The power was initially 35% but that did not achieve anything so a subsequent increase to 85% left a faint impression on the workpiece.

Is this likely to be dwell time needing to increase and workspeed having to be reduced?
It already takes about 4 hours to cover an 80 x 80mm square. Very slow going and I have no idea how best to speed things up. My intuition is that I should increase the dwell time to 10/20/30/40/50 and then reduce the laser power to try to compensate for increasing the dwell time.

Dot mode is the slowest. If you want it faster you can try two things.
Lower the resolution in Dot Mode. Or try Line mode.

Set Laser Power to 100% in Dot Mode and try to get a good engraving with playing with the dwell time. Work speed has no effect on Dot mode, if you ask me.

2 Likes

Thanks Robert. I will keep playing with the settings. I will see what line mode does. I think it would be useful to be able to download test file examples that are known to print correctly at certain settings. This would assist new users to work from a known base rather than tweaking by guesswork without really understanding the work that setting each parameter will affect.

Is there a way to export the machine settings for Snapmaker into laserweb?
Or do you just have to enter them all manually?

-S
`

@sdj544 I’m pretty sure that you need to transfer them manually.

-Atom

@doug @parachvte
When did they delete the Text option that I see here. It is now Halftone in version 3.10.2
I would like to do text like in SM1 jx.

It’s removed accidentally. We will bring the vector text back in v3.12.X.

1 Like

Thanks for the update,

1 Like

When you say it wasn’t producing anything, do you mean nothing as in no laser light at all? That’s the problem I’m having. The autofocus worked fine. I loaded the graphic jog (a recipe in mom’s handwriting), set the material width and run but no light, no burn.

As I understand it, if the enclosure is open the laser will be off.

1 Like