Help Needed, can’t get a good print

Ugh….all of a sudden I can’t get a good print. Bed is leveled, flow is calibrated, Filament is dry. Linear advanced is calibrated. Nothing has changed. Any help would be appreciated.

Next step if all that is accomplished - how’s about a nozzle change?

What is this filament you are using?

I went through and re-did my esteps and linear advance today and it seems like after the latest firmware my values had to be changed significantly. Did you update your firmware?

I was quite surprised at how far off both of these values ended up being. I can’t say I understand how it would even be possible. However, the proof is in the pudding - I got a beautiful flow again.

My machine also seems to have a new sing songy sound to it that wasn’t present before I did this redo today as well.

1 Like

Do you mean flow rate or e-steps? They’re completely different.

Yes, both are calibrated! AND recalibrated, firmware updated, filament dry nozzle just changed. Just cant get a successful print.

I just changed the nozzle, I redid my e-steps, flow, linear advance, calibrated bed and a firmware update. I cant believe these all changed and to not even get a decent print on a CALIBRATION CUBE! blows my mind…

Are you using decent filament?

1 Like

Moose,

I am. I’m using the same filament that worked before the issues. It has been humid in the area where the printer is, it has the enclosure and I dried the filament and have it in a dry box. I have another printer that I put the filament in and it worked FLAWLESSLY!

Since I’m sure you watched it print the calibration cube, what did you notice while it was printing. Hard to troubleshoot when I can’t watch it print.

How did those blobs on the vertical corner get there. Why are the corners bent up at the top. What happened to cause that.

It looks like over/under extrusion to me, or a jam of some kind, but since you have checked all of that then what else could it be?

What are the part dimensions, it’s clearly bowing inwards halfway up. Is it smaller or are the top and bottoms bigger than expected.

1 Like

Brent,

It’s the CHEP calibration cube, I have no idea why it bows in. I agree with you on over/under extruding. I just don’t know why. ugh…

I am not doubting that, but what is it? Bottom shelf chinese ABS? Prusament PLA?

This is very hard to troubleshoot with the sparse, vague details that have been presented, and no additional meaningful details presented after I asked for clarification and additional information.

1 Like

Doh! I’m using Eryone PLA+

Nothing but PLA and PLA+, I’ll replace and see how that works. Thanks William

I thought you replaced it already?

Put a NEW one on :slight_smile:

PS If its glow in the dark PLA, that is also abrasive, but after awhile any nozzle’s gona wear out.

1 Like

Brent,

I apologize for lack of details. I watched the 1st layer go down and didn’t watch the whole print from start to finish, I will next time. A week ago everything work, nothing change, a week later that happened, I even went 2 days with out printing anything. So baffled.

I did! I cant believe I have to replace it again!

Moose,

Its Eryone PLA+ WHITE!

Okay - just putting it out there.

Maybe if the nozzle change doesn’t help out this time, you can send some pictures of your nozzle to us - maybe you got a really bad brand but honestly most of the time even the amazon 20 nozzles for 5 bucks are usually good enough for playing around a bit.

1 Like

Will do next time! :wink:

@Filmman586 are you on the new firmware? Someone said the default e-step value has now defaulted from 212.21 to 242, I don’t know if this is true or not. @MooseJuice do you know anything about this?