Help Needed, can’t get a good print

My value was in the 240s when I redid mine yesterday actually.

226.50 is my new value now.

@MooseJuice so apparently as of 1.13.1 the default value has changed. Maybe its causing overextrusion now. Did they really just trade one problem for another?

I can’t say for certaint that this is the case. I just noticed mine was set around 240 something. It could have been an older value I used. I honestly don’t know, but its certainly possible.

What I do know is - my machine even SOUNDS better now, between that and my recalculation of linear advance, which oddly was previously .06 and is now .15, so I think there is some merit to “something changed”.

Edit: I think what I would say to this is it FEELS like the machine is running differently than it was on the previous firmware, and its worth trying to go through the recalibration again after the firmware upgrade. It could be using the values differently in some fashion, maybe some math error was corrected or something along these lines. I know there was some mesh issue addressed, but it seems like there was a bit more than that.

1 Like

I checked my nozzle and it shows no deterioration. I’m going to recalculate e-steps, flow and linear advance again. I’ll let you know how I make out. I updated the firmware to 1.13.1, and redid everything, but I’ll do it again incase I missed something. I did notice that my Wifi now reconnects on a power off. Yeah! Thanks guys for all the suggestions

Lou

UPDATE!!!

So after recalibrating EVERYTHING, I still had an issue. I tried 3 different filaments with which I though were dry, and same issue. 2 of the 3 filaments were still in packaging. I decide to try a 4th filament and viola! Perfect print. I then ran the other 3 filaments through dryers for 8-10 hours and I can report, that they worked! I now have everything stored in dry boxes and print from a dry box. Thanks for all your suggestions!

Yeah, even new spools I find often times need drying. Its a shame. Even top shelf stuff comes in wet sometimes.

Everyone tells me I am nuts whenever I say this, but it ends up being correct more often than not. Its just that a little moisture isnt always terrible, but it is always better to dry it.

I typically will just by default run a drying cycle on a new spool.

1 Like

How long do you run the dry cycle for?

depends on the filament im using. the manual for the system gives minimum times and temperatures to run at, its usually 3-4 hours

Thanks :grin: My basement was rather humid and I’m running them at about 8hours…Seems to work.

Results…
Filament: Eryone Red PLA +
Temp: 215/60

thumbnail_IMG_7460
thumbnail_IMG_7461
thumbnail_IMG_7462
thumbnail_IMG_7466

Looks pretty good, very nice.

My machine wouldn’t print that very well I dont think lol.

@Filmman586 glad its working now. Also… if I didn’t know better, I would think I was looking at a politicians skull, what with the hollowness and all…

3 Likes

I beg to differ, there is a clear opening at the top where new ideas and information can penetrate the skull, which to date has not happened with a politician.

4 Likes