Heating Tube Screw Stripped

You could buy a professional Ø1.5mm allen wrench. It won’t cost you much, but will help a lot.

1 Like

@Sean-LeiLi I thought I did when I bought the i-fixit set. They aren’t cheap…

@Rainie
I received the replacement part and I am not happy!

Recieved this. (Just the two cables and the print nozzle holder. Not even screws)

Too replace this as promised.

Because of stripped screw that I cannot remove the print nozzle.

I have not been able to print in two months as I have been waiting on a replacement print module as the print nozzle can not be removed.

@RosWW

You should check this out:

That shows how to install those components. Might be a little more work than you bargained for… but it should do the trick. I’ll be doing the same thing pretty soon here…

5 Likes

That is a brilliant video. Really helpful.

Thanks, but I didn’t received the replacement nozzle as promised which is why I’m annoyed.

Good video, but I’m a little concern with put the cables near the heating element as they may melt.

They look like they are tucked behind the bottom fan. That should keep them out of harms way. When I replaced mine I didn’t have the plug so had to find one to suit. That meant I could route the wire over the top of the module.

Hi @rossww,

I am so sorry. It was my mistake. I don’t know why I wrote “heated block” instead of “nozzle” when I sent the request to the production department.:joy: I apologize for my mistake.
We will send you a new nozzle right away. Your warranty will be extended for 2 months as compensation.
Does the spare one work? You can use the spare one when you are waiting for the new nozzle.

Thank you for your understanding!

Best regards,
Rainie

1 Like

Thanks, I got it up and running with the spare nozzle. Will you be selling the Snapmaker 3m tape heat bed cover as I would like to get a couple of them?

Thanks Ross

Hi Ross,

Yes, all the spare parts will be available on our online store. You can purchase them when the store is released. It’s expected to be released this week.

Thank you! Keep having fun!

Best regards,
Rainie

3 Likes

Looking forward to the online store.

1 Like

I had the same problem !
I’ve never removed the nozzle before
Then when I wanted It was impossible

I changed the nozzle but I had to drill the original screw which was broken impossible to unscrew
because the hex key was either too small or too big

and now I’ve got this problem New filament wont load and creates clicking noise

Did you heat up the hot end before attempting to remove the screw? Filament can leak into the area and cause the screw hole to gum up, which could make a tool seem too big but it really isn’t. Heating up the hot end will soften the plastic so that it will ooze out of the socket hole when you insert the tool.

1 Like

My set screw also stripped. I was not offered any kind of replacement. The response I received was,

"We have received your warranty request.

Please get a professional Φ2.00mm hex wrench from your local firmware store or on amazon.

The Φ2.00mm hex wrench we provided is easy to be round at the ball side.

Hope you can understand."

However, in this forum, people are saying Φ1.50mm. So, first of all, buying a new, better wrench does not fix the stripped screw. Second, telling me to buy a better wrench is really not great customer service. Third, which size is it?

I’m becoming a bit frustrated as well.

Hi @Rainie,

Thank you for the summary and resultion you provided. I am experiencing this issue currently, but I am way outside of the warenty for my 3-in-one. Is there a way to purchse this replacement part?

In that case, you will have to contact our support@snapmaker.com to request the replacement part. Thank you.

Will Support ship me this part even though my warranty expired?