Heating issues after hot end replacement

Hi!

I recently replaced the hot end on my Snapmaker 2.0 A350, and now it’s not heating properly. The display shows 0 C, and the end doesn’t heat up at all. The printer module itself does seem to be recognized though. Any idea what could be wrong here?

Also, I was examining some of the other electronics while I had it apart, which connections should I be checking?

@sixfold

It is abnormal that the touchscreen shows 0 degrees. Normally, it will display the room temperature, which is around 20 degrees.

• You can try to heat up the nozzle via the touchscreen.
  • Check if the thermistor is outside the heating block.
  • Check if the cable that connects the nozzle and the circuit board is faulty. You can check the pins inside the cable.

Did you find a fix for this? I’m having the same issue

Thanks for the help! Sorry for the delayed response, but I have some other information:

1. the load/unload buttons that are highlighted on the touchscreen in the first screenshot are greyed out. We can adjust the temperature by sliding the temperature bit left to right but it doesn’t change the 0

2. checked the thermistor and tried changing back to the other nozzle; neither seems to work. the replacement head thermistor doesn’t want to stay all the way in though

3. don’t see anything wrong with cable connector

4. we tried to get the startup log to confirm it is correctly detecting the module but the console just says

> M1999
M1999
ok
  1. Send me a photo of the screen that displays 0 degree.
  2. You need to use the serial port to connect the machine. The machine will not return the log when you connected the machine via WiFi connection.

Cheers
Edwin