Gaps in wall lines

I’ve tried various Luban settings for Wall Thickness, but nothing seems to help. I get gaps between my walls. Between the wall lines themselves and the wall and top surface. I tried 0.8mm (2) to 1.6mm (4) walls, but printing more walls doesn’t help. I just want thicker wall lines not more walls. To me, it just seems the extruder is not pushing out enough material to make the wall lines thicker.

Calibrate E-Steps.

Search the forum. There is plenty of information about this topic available.

1 Like

But that e-step calibration would affect all other aspects of the print, which are printing perfectly. I just want thicker walls. ie.less gap between walls.

In Cura the setting is called skin overlap percentage. Luban does not have the setting.

But keep in mind, a correctly calibrated extruder is usually the way to go, as it causes many issues with all different kinds of problems related. Even though you might not face them now, you probably will in the future.

Best examples are found in the forums all over the place.

1 Like

If you share a photo of your fail we could help you even better :wink:
I completely agree with @Razor1990

Tthis example was worse than usual (printed using Creality PLA, I usually use HatchBox). Wouldn’t adjusting the flow setting in Luban yield same as calibrating e-steps ?

With flow set to 107%…

Is it 7% better?..probably.

I will try with Cura as well.

Which parts are those? Every single part I see is seriously underextruded.

The top isn’t solid, you can see through to the layer below. The infill looks like it’s not properly supporting because it’s too thin. Obviously the walls have gaps. The top skin isn’t bonded to the edges.

Calibrate esteps. Everything else depends on the machine correctly metering out filament as commanded.

Thank you all. I ran the e-step calibration. It was definitely off. Previous value 212.21, new value 234.49 (only extruding 90.5mm of 100mm test). Wall gap is lot better now, but still not perfect. I’m currently doing a print using Cura with skin overlap setting. I will post pics shortly.

Additionally calibrate linear advance to close the gaps between outline and infill.
The K factor of the community vary between 0.09 and 0.11, personally I use 0.1.

Maybe have a look at this: