Fusion 360 Postprocessor for Additive

Hi,

i just made my first model in Fusion 360 and tried to export gcode with the supplied postprocessor. Unfortunately it seems like additive is not supported.

Error: Additive toolpath is not supported by the post configuration.
Failed while processing onOpen().

Is the any Postprocessor that works?

Best,
Marius

Couple people in here tried, and failed.

It’s not too hard to set up a new profile based on the Generic FFF template, but it sounds like it wasn’t very successful anyways.

At this time, export an STL and slice in Cura or equivalent, or try and make a new profile based on the Generic.

I haven’t tried using Fusion to export g-code for 3D but I believe the supplied post-processor is only for CNC.
For me I don’t see any reason to use Fusion for 3D. I’d rather slice in Cura (or for that matter Luban) anyway since I already understand how it works and how to adjust it’s settings.
I just export as an STL from Fusion as @brent113 suggested.

-S

Ok thanks for your replies! I will stick to luban then. Do you know place where I can drop a feature request?

The normal way would be to write a email to support@snapmaker.com with “FEATURE REQUEST FUSION360 Slicing feature”, or what you want.

Here could be seen which requests on the roadmap:

If you are familiar to github you could post there, i guess.

I created Issue #14 on GitHub https://github.com/Snapmaker/snapmaker_cnc_post_process/issues/14. Thank you!

Your GitHub request doesn’t contain any relevant info. No reference to Fusion 360.

-S