Front Cover STL file &Replacement Kit Update (Dual Extrusion Module)

UPDATE: 2023-08-22
Wiki Links Update

Replacement kit instructions

UPDATE: 2023-07-31
Wiki links:

UPDATE: 2023-07-27

We are excited to tell you that the replacement kit is now available! Since our last update, we have been overwhelmed by the feedback, and we want to express our gratitude for your enthusiasm and trust in us. We have changed the logistics method of the replacement kit from sea freight to air freight. So you will be able to receive the kit and use it much faster.

We have directly communicated this information to all Snapmaker 2.0 Dual Extrusion 3D Printing Module owners and Artisan 3-in-1 3D Printer owners via email. If you are one of the affected users, kindly ensure that you have received our email titled "Important Update: Get the Replacement Kit Now! - Dual Extrusion 3D Printing Module", which was sent out at around 8AM EST on July 27. It is crucial that you open this email and follow the provided instructions and use the provided code to obtain your replacement kit for free.

We highly encourage all affected users to act promptly and follow the instructions provided in the email to obtain your replacement kit.

Please note the following details:

1. Please note that the replacement kit is intended only for those facing the specific issues mentioned above. If your machine is functioning normally, we do not recommend replacing any parts unnecessarily.

2. Code usage limit: One-time.

3. Multiple Machine Owners: If you own multiple machines and require a replacement kit for each one, we apologize for the inconvenience. Due to limitations in our online store settings, each account is eligible for one free replacement kit. If you find yourself in this situation, kindly reach out to our customer service team, and we will assist you promptly to resolve the issue.

4. If you have not received the email notification but require the replacement kit, please check your email address associated with your official online store account, including your spam folder. If you are still unable to locate the email, you can interact with Answer Bot on our online store to obtain the Coupon Code. Further information can be found in the FAQ section.

Thank you for your continued support and for being a part of the Snapmaker community. We hope that this news proves helpful to you. We hope that this is a helpful update for you. If you have any further questions, you can find answers on the FAQ page or contact our customer service team at info@snapmaker.com.

UPDATE: 2023-07-01

I have great news to share with you! After a thorough analysis, testing, and observation, we have identified effective solutions for the heat dissipation and buckle loosening issues with the Dual Extrusion Module. We’d like to update you on our latest plan.

We are currently preparing a replacement kit specifically targeting the reported issues. While the occurrence of each problem may vary, we aim to provide a convenient solution for the users who require it. The replacement kit consists of four different components, each addressing a specific issue:

1. Silicone Buckle Wedge for the Dual Extrusion Module - Fixing the popping feeder levers.
  2. Front Cover for the Dual Extrusion Module - Optimizing cooling airflow with the improved design.
  3. Spare part for the Dual Extrusion Module filament sensor - Reducing wear on the trigger lever to prevent false alarms.
  4. Silicone Bed Shims (0.5 mm thick) for the Artisan 3D Printing Platform - Resolving incomplete contact in some machines during the leveling process.

Considering the traditional support service process where users have to contact our Support team for troubleshooting and arranging the delivery of replacement parts, it usually takes about a week. This time, we want to improve the efficiency of users obtaining replacement parts and resolving their issues. Therefore, we plan to make the replacement pack available for self-ordering on our official online store.

To show our appreciation, we will be providing all existing customers with a one-time free coupon for the replacement kit. When using this coupon, our loyal customers can enjoy a zero-cost purchase, waiving the additional logistics fee. However, due to the high logistics cost of international express shipping from Shenzhen, China, we plan to prepare the replacement kit in bulk and ship it to our overseas warehouse via sea freight. Once the pack arrives at the warehouse, it will be made available on our official online store. At that time, we will send out the replacement pack coupons and provide more information through official emails to our existing customers.

:bulb: Please note that the replacement pack is only necessary if you encounter the specific issues we mentioned above. Otherwise, if the machine is functioning normally, we do not recommend users to replace any parts.

Regarding the timeframe, we are in the process of preparing the materials for the replacement kit and plan to ship it by sea freight in mid-July. As an example, for customers in the United States, we estimate that the replacement pack will arrive at the overseas warehouse by mid-August and be delivered to users in late August. The sea freight time to Europe is expected to be around two weeks longer than to the United States. However, customers in China will receive the replacement pack earlier, as their logistics time only takes one to two days. We will closely monitor user feedback regarding the replacement parts and promptly share updates in the community.

Once again, we appreciate your understanding and support! If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment on this topic.

Make Something Wonderful.

Original Post

This is the Front Cover STL file for the Dual Extrusion Module.

If you encounter clogging issues, you can try printing this component and installing it on the Dual Extrusion Module for use. Feel free to leave a comment below to share with me the effectiveness of this file. Based on your feedback, we will further evaluate the relevant solutions.

(Note: The printed door is a temporary solution for this issue. A more professional solution is currently being tested and prepared, and we are also collecting our fellow member’s feedback to gauge the most perfect solution. Once the solution is ready, I will update it in the community, so please stay tuned!)

Dual extrusion front plate.STL (220.1 KB)

8 Likes

Awesome - can you share the Luban Settings we should use. I’m happy to test it, as I do have a lot of clogging issues

1 Like

You can use the Default “Normal Print” in Luban to print. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Should we keep the orientation of the file? It looks like rotating it to the front seems easier to print

Yes, you are right Jonas~It is recommended to print it flat for better printing results.
Sorry for the earlier message.

The print just finished and looks good. Do you have any instructions on how to change the front cover? Do I need to take out the top screws?

Here are the Instructions:

• Loosen the four screws on the top cover plate.
  • Hold the original metal door and lift the top cover plate upwards to remove the door.
  • Replace it with the printed door. If it is not fixed tightly, use tape to assist in pasting it.

Hope it helps~

1 Like

i was given this file by support after continued clogging of the right extruder, but the explanation was it is a “test print” and no mention of ventilation etc… so i;ve wasted the last month trying different slicers and settings but always having the extruder clog.
glad you could share the explanation, will try and report back.

thanks!

George

Thanks for sharing the STL file for the Dual Extrusion Module.
I printed the “Dual extrusion front plate” with my Resin 3D Printer .
So far, the nozzles on both sides have not blocked and everything is working fine.

1 Like

Interesting. What material would you suggest to use? Would PLA be fine or would you recommend something like abs / nylon / petg instead?

1 Like

Maybe i overlooked something.
I have an Artisan with DualHead.
Using it right now in Single Extruder Mode only with left Nozzle.
Slicer is Cura.
Retraction Distance is 1mm and Retraction Speed is 25mm
I Put on some Thermalpaste on the Heatbreak.
Tried the Snapmaker official door and a Door designed from a user with active cooling 30mm Fan in front of the Heatbreaks.
I Replaced the whole Nozzle Assembly with hardned one, and the nozzle with a ruby one.

Still i get clogged nozzles sometimes and cant figguer out why.
The Filament is chewed up at the gear spot when i remove it so its defineatly a problem on the nozzle side.
I have the revision with the Rubber blocks on the Extruder buckle.

Is there Anything i can do or may have overlooked?

Filament is Btw my goto.
I would call me rather experienced and i used this filament on SidewinderX2, Ender 3S1 and on my Bambu. All worked fine.
Printed Temptower and Calicube to dial in the Settings.

Any Hints?

Thx
Markus

1 Like

Printing with PLA is a simple and highly recommended solution. I hope this resolves your issue and I look forward to hearing your feedback.

Hello Markus, could you please let me know which filament you used? And, a community member (Rudi Jetten) could print successfully by removing the front cover and resolving a clogged nozzle. It may be worth considering trying this method. You can check more details here:

(3) Snapmaker Artisan Owners | The quality of the print is absolutely amazing… | Facebook

Hi mandy.
I used standard pla from das filament which i used on my ender 3, sidewinder x2 and bambu x1c too.

If you can suggest a different brand of filament or something im absolutely willing to try.

Yesterday i started a additional print which failed cause of clogging tonight again.

Right now i test the same print without retraction activated at all.

Shall i add pictures or send some to support?

Hello Markus, I suggest trying to open the front door and turning on the enclosure fan while printing to help solve the clogged issue. If the issue persists, kindly reach out to support for further assistance. Thank you.
https://snapmaker.formcrafts.com/support-ticket

Im gonna try that and report back here.
Thanks. :wink:

1 Like

Screenshot 2023-06-29 at 9.37.57 AM
myA350dxfrontplate.stl (239.5 KB)

ive been fighting this with plas for a month. i have an a350 with all the upgrades and an enclosure. using this plate i can print plas without heat creep in the nozzles, coolers and feeders. i developed it with closed enclosure , no fan. to maximize the fails.

thi will print plas in an enclosure with no fan but you still need the front door open

1 Like

Is there any downside to using resin to make this cover? (Not with Snapmaker but with a SLA machine)

1 Like

Just make sure it’s somewhat temperature resistant…

Thanks for the share.
Im courious about your door.
I guess you tried with printhead open?
Is your door better than open or didnt you do that test?

Right now im close to finish a 10hrs print after 4 or 5 failed ones.
using no door and Filament from extruder (dont like the company but hat a bit in stock)