Front Cover STL file &Replacement Kit Update (Dual Extrusion Module)

lower temp filaments and long print jobs make the problems appear. in this case you need the door open on the enclosure or the fan turned on. the enclosure retains heat. great for a lot of things but bad in this case.

you need the door open or a fan to remove the accumalated heat.

if by door you mean the front plate, for me, without any other cooling and the front plate removed the nozzle will clog in a dual color pla print

Yeah i was talking about the Frontplate.
Ill give it a try.
Thanks for your work and your time in this case :slight_smile:

just spitballing here. for me, using the dual to print with one head usually just works. i found the dual plate at the top of this thread to completely cure any nozzle heat issues of the type you describe. especially for single print mode. it starts having issues with plas in dual mode.

so im thinking what you tried should work but its not

for data i would try

1. swapping the hotends to see if the problem follows the hotend
  2. try doing your single mode print with the other extruder see how that goes.

probably 90% of the clogs ive had were do to the filament softening and going from side to side in the ptfe tube till it jammed. after a bunch of these i needed to replace the tube.

again ive rarely had problems in single print pla with dual head.

ive had a bad fan. arrived dead withe the new head. its easy to miss since its hard to see running
ive had a feeder with a moving feed tube under the gears that caused folding.

you can also check your clog for things like swelling. depending on where the swelling occurs may help give a clue
id also think about reverting to stock luban settings. i did a lot of testing with those. once your printing you can dial it in for any string issues

@PixelJonas @MMoosmann @nweolu @Natsuya @horhaydubois @peteryipdesign @Bijan
Please check out the update on the replacement parts offering plan in the top of this topic.

5 Likes

Please send an email blast when the web link is ready. Thanks so much for taking care of us! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

C’est une trĂšs bonne nouvelle, cela fait un mois que j’essaie d’imprimer quelque chose avec des supports PVA ou Breakaway sans succĂšs et avec beaucoup de temps et de filament gĂąchĂ©s. Je pensais vraiment que c’était moi qui ne savait pas utiliser l’imprimante. Une compensation en filament aurait Ă©tĂ© grandement apprĂ©ciĂ©e.

Thank you for the update! I appreciate Snapmaker for getting ahead of this.

1 Like

Hi thank you snapmaker for getting ahead with the replacement kit, got to many clogs and print issues with this lately

2 Likes

What did you guys use for the magnet that’s in the stock door??

@Rafacerete @nweolu @MMoosmann @Natsuya @PixelJonas @wilsonrobertt @7racer @Bijan @Spidy74 @Tyler @peteryipdesign @horhaydubois

Hello friends, thank you for your feedback on this topic. I have a good news to share with you today! Please read the update on top of this topic to learn more.

Have a nice day!

2 Likes

delete please.

Many thanks. Ordered. Many thanks also for the free air shipping!

2 Likes

Added to the cart, but as I got to the complete order step the kit is out of stock :frowning:

Are you in the US? There were much more requests in the US than the data we collected via the Google Form in our last email. We just add the kits for the US.

It’s available in the US store now. Refresh the page and try again.

No, Europe.

But now I noticed there is now a Late August option, so I order that :slight_smile:

Alas, now even the “mid september” option is no good.

I’ve been waiting for them to fix the run out sensor, so I’m excited to get this, but man, they’re making it hard to order.

@Jade I didn’t receive the email. May I ask to send it again? Do you see the email address of my profile?

Thanks for your support!

Hi,

Received my kit today, with a hint that the instructions for mounting the kit is in the snapmaker wiki. Found it there but there is a login needed. My snapmaker login is not working

Can you please explain how to login there?

Thank you

Torsten

Same for me. Please make it available for everyone. Thanks