First print glued to heated mat (questions; new to hobby)

So I was excited to do my first print and ran through calibration to ensure it was correct. once finished, I let cool over night but had issues getting it off. Really was stuck and took me hours to get it off. Where when I did, it damaged the bed. I still have the outline to remove on top of that. Wondering if I did something wrong I need to look out for or not.

So first, how do I keep that from happening.

Two, how can I get this off. I imagine I may be able to use other side if I can get off PLA.

Third, what size of may is this. I measured 255mm.
Website says 235x230… can I order a replacement from Amazon or do I need there pad… and if I did, would it be 235x235mm or 10x10 inch.

Test print, fast. Default setting from snapmaker software.
File - https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2253091

Hey, till there is no print sheet avaliable at the store you need to write to the support@snapmaker.com for purchasing a new one, if needed.

I have no A250, so no dimensions, sry.

I think your level of the bed is a bit too tight, recalibrate and offset your calibration sheet a bit more loose.
Maybe it helps to heat the bed a bit to get off your part.

Hope this helps!

I had something similar happen with my first print. Thankfully it didn’t damage the build plate. I still haven’t quiet worked out why it happened.

Since my build plate wasn’t damaged I was able to heat the build plate again and use the putty knife to remove the left over PLA.

I use a razor blade scraper like this one:
IVY Classic 11156 Razor Blade Scraper with 5 Blades, USA, 1 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0051XQDXO

You have to be careful because you can cut into the bed. Light, gentile back and forth motions with the scraper at a very shallow angle.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies. Luckily the plate is fine just the sheet. Where I have actually built around it just fine.

I still cannot get off the remainder of pla on plate even with a Razer. I did manage to get off a little where it does not appear to have damaged the sheet at that spot (the border pla).

I was talking with microcenter when looking to get some kind of replacement plate for now. Where they believe the heating plate was to much. I did notice that this set it at 80c for that, where it may have melted into the sheet pretty good. My last build I did I let it run at it’s 70c it wanted at first but took it down to 60 about 10 to 15 minutes later after it finished first pass. I was able to get that off just fine. I also rubbed the surface down with rubbing alcohol prior.

So. Would have been a number of things… appears I may still need a replacement from them due to design and dimensions are weird. A 10x10 is to small on side and to large on the other. (9.6 x 10.25 ) is what I measure… Now I am thinking I can use this heating mat on the snapmaker one to protect that possibly. Or if I can get the rest of pla off. I might be able to flip it safely and use that side.

When you do the calibration, do not make it too close.
You can send an email to support@snapmaker.com to purchase the printing sheet and ask them about the size of the printing sheet.

I first printed this weekend and had same problem. I did calibration step by step as in Guidebook and it wouldn’t come free from bed.
On third print I redid calibration, and then moved nozzle 0.2mm up so it’s not so close to bed. It still stucks a lot, but its possible to get it free.