Just received yesterday my two boxes, after some issue with UPS delivery.
It’s a very good thing that the boxes are well padded in multiple layers for delivery. My two boxes were damaged externally.
So, I did the construction, took me around 4–5 hours. What’s left is attaching the exhaust fan to my homemade filter.
Overall, I’m super impressed with the quality of everything.
When I first booted the controller, everything was in Chinese. I could not understand it, so after pressing a few places on the touch screen, it somehow rebooted and asked me for the language and initial setup, like indicated in the book.
I had some issue inserting the black filament, I had to remove the tube, force the filament in and reinsert the tube. After that, I did the initial calibrations, that went well. Did the firmware update.
Then I installed Luban, and sent the pen holder to the Artisan.
The first print, did not stick to the plate after a few minutes, so I stopped the print, redid the bed level with 9x9 @ 60°C. I’m printing now a second time, while typing this, seems to be going ok.
The light inside are nice, but the printing area under the heads are quite dark. I think I will find some LED I can focus on on the plate at an angle.
The cables are hard to install and manage, I found the Y axis very long, I had to wrap them outside the sleeve.
The controller fan thermostat need to be adjusted with a bigger hysteresis, it’s always going from high to low to high, quite annoying.
So I’m still learning this new machine, so far, quite impressive.
I will post my progress here, maybe it can help someone.