Firmware update from 1.8.0 to use dual extruder

Can anyone help me update firmware as I am still on 1.8.0 and have to use usb update but regardless of whether I is windows or Mac OS updates the snapmaker itself won’t recognize format or downloads… trying to get a science fair project done and been stuck for three days. Need help asap and snapmaker won’t answer its phone nor reply to multiple emails. HELP PLEASE!!! Christian

I assume this is a Snapmaker 2.0 machine you are refering to? If you currently have the dual extruder print head installed, remove it and re-install the single extruder print head, then download firmware 1.10.0 and install via USB. The firmware file must be in the root of the USB and cannot be in a folder. I suggest removing all data from the USB and formatting it as 16GB FAT32 before loading the firmware to it. Once you have 1.10.0 installed, you should be able to update via WiFi to the latest version, though I still suggest doing ALL updates over USB as they are more reliable.

1 Like

And be aware of this: Upgrade the Toolheads Separately with Snapmaker Firmware V1.12.0
I guess you’ll need to run through this procedure also…

1 Like