Filament doesn't run through when printing

Hi,

I have an issue also, I’ve used my Snapmaker 2.0 350 barely, the first time the filament was loading perfectly during the print, but when I tried another design it didn’t work. I used the same settings then. Now I would like to print a transparent pyramid mold. I’ve used the latest version of Luban to create the file. The filament is loading, but it doesn’t feed when printing, I get a clicking sound. I’ve read through the topics on the same subject. The PETG filament is 1.75 mm, temperature head 220 degrees C, bed temp, 70 degrees C. I’ve tried other filaments, same problem. I’ve dismantled the unit in order to see if something is stuck. No, that’s not the case, everything seems to be tight and clean. So now I’m running out of ideas. Can somebody help, please? Thank you, greetings from the Netherlands, Loes

I’m sure you’ve come across this advice then: make sure your z height is set properly so that the nozzle isn’t being forced down into the bed so hard during printing that it seals off the nozzle and causes the filament feed gear to fail to advance filament resulting in clicking sounds as it chunks off bits of plastic resulting in a clog.

If you have a clog already try a cold pull or other method to clear the clog. Verify your temperature is good by manually pushing filament down into the hot nozzle with the door open, it should flow with minimal pressure.

Hopefully your dismantling wasn’t more invasive than loosening the 1 grub screw inside the door to remove the hot end as that’s all that’s required to change the hot end.

Hi Brent, thank you for your help! The height is set automatically when Snapmaker starts, I don’t know how to change that, I have to look into that and no, there is no clog before printing, the filament flows smoothly. I have been very careful since I read somewhere to be prudent with that screw, so I don’t think that there is a problem. Groetjes, Loes

I’m referring here to both using the calibration card so the machine is close to the proper height, and the ability on the touchscreen to use a dynamic Z height adjustment while printing for this specific reason.

Yes, I will try that in half an hour. Thank you!

The quick calibration was not successful, it’s not even. So on some spots too loose and on the right side it keeps pushing down and I get the error message to contact support. This is new, I didn’t have this before. A restart doesn’t help I get the same message.

Well, I’m 20 days further down the line. I’ve sent two messages to the support admin, 4 views bu still no answer… and my 3D printing module is almost new and not working. I’m not happy.

Are you at least getting an automated response to your support emails? If not, you may want to take a fine-toothed comb to your spam bin.

Yes I did, no messages.

You mentioned before that the calibration isn’t successful, and pushes down on the bed. Have you checked that the sensor is the correct height above the nozzle and that it is working properly?

See step 5 and beyond for instructions on how to check the sensor and how to adjust it at the link below

Yes I did. Calibration is now ok.

Okay, so just to confirm what the issue is and what you’ve tried:

1. Filament is not extruding when you start a print, and the head makes a clicking noise.
  2. Bed calibration is now working as intended.
  3. Filament successfully extrudes when loading.
  4. Using different filaments or higher temperatures does not make a difference.
  5. Swapping the hot end does not make a difference.
  6. Raising the z-offset while printing the first layer does not make a difference.
  7. The printer reports the intended hot end temperature while attempting the first layer.

Is all of this correct?

Yes, this is correct. When printing starts the filament is not extruding. I’ve set different temperatures, but that doesn’t make a difference.

I’ve also used different heights for calibration.

If you tell the extruder to feed filament through gcode outside of a print job does it still have issues extruding?

No, the filament is running through, no clicking, but this is also the case before the actual printing starts.

Besides calibration, you can adjust the Z-Offset with the button ‘Adjust settings’ before printing.
Try setting -0.1 or -0.2mm

No, that is too tight. could you tell me what the settings for the axes are?

By setting a negative z-offset the idea is to have the nozzle away from the print surface, to make room for the plastic to flow.
Worst case you will print mid air, but 0.2 is not enough for that.
My values won’t help you as every printer is different and I am curretly using a non-stock glass surface (manually calibrated).
imagen

I’ve tried to adjust the Z-offset, but after the calibration attempts the nozzle still remains too close to the surface on most of the points except the ones on the front left and middle. The machine doesn’t really react to the changes I make manually before starting the job. I see the red light when calibrating.