F250 upgrade module for cnc

Hi, searched and can’t find anything, but is it possible to upgrade the f250 3d printer to add cnc router module? I can see I can add a laser module, and assume adding cnc should also be possible just can’t see it as an option on the store as an add on?

The F versions are supposedly just the Snapmaker2 A### versions packaged without the laser and CNC heads, so yes, it should be possible to make it work if you can get the other heads. Unfortunately, the laser head you’ve seen in the shop is most likely the one for the Snapmaker Original (“SnapMaker 1600mW Laser Cutting Module”). Do NOT buy that—it won’t work with your model.

You may be able to buy the heads by contacting support@snapmaker.com directly and asking. The only other known authorized source at this time is the US distributor B&H Photo Video, who will order from Snapmaker for you (CNC, Laser). This will be slower and possibly a bit more expensive, but gets you out of contacting support yourself.

If you’re patient, you might also be able to score one or both modules secondhand (I’d bet on some people who are buying into the new 10W laser being willing to get rid of their old 1.6W laser heads).

OK, awesome, and good idea about those upgrading. Or, I guess I could jump straight to the upgrade version and buy the 10w module. Assume I’d also need to get the bed for laser cutting too, or does the 10w module come with that too?

It’s not forbidden to actually read the information available in the store pages.

1 Like

Fair comment, saw after I posted you can choose bundle that includes the bed. Thanks for the help confirming the f model is essentially the a models without the extra modules included

1 Like