Enclosure V1.1 Upgrade Kit questions

This is a thread meant as a place to ask questions about the kit to upgrade the Snapmaker enclosure from V1.0 to V1.1. I’ll start.

Where do the four new corner pieces go? There are 8 corner pieces total in the enclosure.

Are the assembly instructions posted anywhere (the video wasn’t helpful with regard to the corner pieces)?

1 Like

Hello, Normally you only need 2 corner pieces (screenshot) and rest 2pcs should be standby.

The screenshot only points out one corner. I assume the second one goes on the bottom of that new vertical rail?

Sorry i should make it more clear. Yes you are right, that is the one you are looking for.

I installed the new door switch on my unit. I installed the latest firmware 2.8. I started a print. Then when I closed the door the print head went off the printing plate. I disconnected the door switch wire to the controller and the print then worked with the door open or closed.
I didn’t realize it was the door causing the problem. I tried to update software on the computer and firmware on the printer. The print would start then after watching for awhile I would close the door. I didn’t check right after closing but it misprinted several times. I have the wire from the switch connected to Port 4 on the controller.

You have to activate the door monitoring function in the Snapmakerjs software while the computer is connected to the printer. If you don’t, then the port is a mirror of the X transport and signals from the door switches will interfere with the x axis.

Thanks. That did fix the problem. I had watched the installation video and looked at the manual. There wasn’t anything in these that addressed this issue. I have exclusively used the USB device since getting the printer about a year ago. I am not sure how to get this to Snapmaker to improve their instructions.
Lar;ry

Glad to hear you’ve fixed it.
Yes the Snapmaker documentation is severely lacking in many respects, particularly with regard to the software. I understand its a work in progress, but the documentation really needs to be updated, and where possible, supplemented with explanations and examples - particularly for those new to this hobby. The assembly instructions are amazingly excellent - the software / firmware docs terrible. Amendments could be made with an addendum until they can be properly integrated into the body of the documentation proper.

Oh dear here I go …

Again, glad you solved the problem.:ok_hand:

1 Like

@BriHar Thank you for the suggestions. We will update the software/firmware docs recently.
Please don’t hesitate to tell us if you have any problem. Your suggestion inspires us to make it better.
Thank you

1 Like