Dual extruder guide (screws)

There seems tobe a few minor errors in the dual extruder guide…

Some of the diagrams refer to using M4x8 screws but no such screws are included.

I assume that I can use the M12 screws instead without any harm to the head.

My assumption would be that you can use the same screws that you use to attach the other toolheads… But I don’t have my dual extruder yet, so just guessing.

I guess you checked the accessories box as I received a bag of 4x screws in there?

yes

but only found two plastic envelops implied by the parts list on page 10

one labelled M4x10
the other M4x12

What does the quick start guide say?
I’d be careful to screw in too long screws - people have damaged other toolheads by using long screws. I seem to remember that M4x8 was the correct length for all other toolheads.

I finally wanted to test the dual head… and I found myself having the same question marks surrounding my head…

Something seems to be really messed up in the guide…
Parts list (page 10):
5x M4x10
4x M4x12
and that’s exactly what I got.

Manual page 18 says, the print head should be attached with M4x8 (4 pcs.), on page 19 you need 2 M4x10 for the cable clips; another 2 M4x10 are used for attaching the filament holder (if you don’t use an enclosure) - you SHOULD use another (which would be the 5th M4x10) for the filament holder to attache the tube - BUT the screw is way too short - so I used one of the M4x12 …

I guess you should use the screws you already got (and used) for attaching the print head - like Hauke said - there was a problem with the 10W laser using too long screws, they could damage some fan inside