Dual Extruder Calibration, X axis Issue

Greetings all. I have crept around here and there and also tried to find this issue already here on the boards, but to no avail.

When I try to calibrate my x/y axis, the x axis always prints the second layer calibration line to the completely to the left of the first layer calibration line (see below).

I have set my X setting all the way to the left, because “comb” is the closest to center. See the red arrow. The result is the calibration cube above, and my x axis is still .63 mm to the right of the rest of the cube. The red arrow points at this overhang on the cube.

I have the quick swap kit and I did have the problem both before and after I installed it. As far as I can tell, the kit is in the right position from the install guides.

Any ideas on what I can do to fix this?

Thanks,
Kap

Also forgot to mention that Z and Y work perfectly and have no issues calibrating.

There are mentions of one of the two extruders getting loose - if you wiggle yours a bit, do they feel solidly fixed, or is there play?

Oh, I had not noticed that. The left extruder, the one that is off wiggles a lot. Is there a fix for this? I already installed the fix kit, which really helped the clogging issues.

Honestly, I never checked if there is an official solution to that problem. My assumption would be that some screws got loose - tighten them and you should be done; but as I said, just an assumption, I may be completely wrong here.

Thank you for the reply! I submitted a ticket. There are indeed some screws that I will need to tighten. I got a pic of them, but I am not sure how to get to them for sure. I will start out by following the guide to intstall the repair kit.

The ended up sending me a new linear rail for the left nozzle in the DX. Replaced it and finally got a good print for the xy calibration. Printing a new Calibration Cube now to see if I finally got everything working right.

1 Like

May share the guide in this thread? Thx!

Yes please do. Here is the link they sent me that shows how to replace the linear rail.

1 Like