Dual Extruder Y Axis Offset

I updated the firmware recently and my Y Axis is now offset too far. XY Offset Calibration simply prints the same thing each time. Are there any settings that we can use to correct this? I’ve included a picture below. (To be clear, this worked perfectly when I first installed the dual extruder.)

Whats about your right extruder, do you see any mechanical offset (maybe the hotend is not set/clipped in properly)?
Are your nozzles homing correctly?

Interesting issue.

you could try Checking your M503

Look for some values after M218

Mine are:
M218 T1 X26.00 Y0.00 Z-1.350

You could type in
M218 T1 X26.00 Y0.00 Z-1.350
M500
to update the offset settings.

That is what my dual head extruder is reporting with a M503 command. If that got messed up it would get you back in the ballpark of being correct. resetting the firmware would do the same thing but i think that is more of a sledgehammer approach.

Do a M503 and post the results here if you need a second set of eyes on it.

It turns out that it was a slight mechanical offset of a hotend. The interesting part is that it was the left hotend that needed to be reseated in the machine. I just skipped over that since I’d recently completed about 10 high quality prints with the left hotend. I opened it back up today to check the right hotend and noticed the two nozzles were no longer even with eachother. A slight push on the left hotend resulted in a click and now both are visually aligned. A subsequent XY alignment resulted in a good print. Thanks for following up.

1 Like