Display of G-CODE lines and codes to show machining progress

Display of G-CODE lines and codes to show machining progress

3D printers, lasers, and CNC machining are all configured with G-CODE, but Snapmaker lacks features that are commonplace on many machines such as industrial machining centers and CNC lathes.

That is, it does not display the number of G-code lines and codes that are currently being machined.

I would like to have a function to display the line number position and code of the G-code in progress on the touch panel.

This is to allow the user to edit the G-code and start anew from the continuation by displaying the number of lines and the code at the place where the G-code was stopped when the user arbitrarily aborts or stops having trouble.

Currently, this function is not available, so we have to make a guess based on the time of the stop and the height of the molding, but we think that knowing the exact position of the stop will allow us to restart with higher accuracy.

I would like to propose this function, whether it is possible or not, but I would like to hear your opinions.

A further aside
Since the machine has a Wi-Fi function, it may be possible to display the filament sensor and processing progress on a smartphone or PC.
It may be a lot of work to develop, but it could become a manufacturing asset as a Snapmaker feature.

1 Like

I definitely wouldn’t complain about this.
There are definitely times that would be useful. For me especially with cnc.

-S

1 Like

Hello, Snapmaker lovers!

Since you didn’t list any possible problems with your suggestion, I’d like to propose it as a feature request to Snapmaker GitHub.

Please let me know if there are any issues that could arise from this.