Discussion of Snapmaker 2.0 Firmware Updates

Oh, that’s a bit disappointing, my expectation would ideally be around a Snapmaker GitHub and open source all of the individual components. The touch screen as you said is the most interesting part for tinkering.

2 Likes

So I tried running leveling from G-code. when it’s set to do Manual Leveling. Doesn’t work.
Seems to me it should work the same way it does from the Touch Screen.
If the setting is for Manual Leveling, executing a G29 should do the same thing that happens with the Touch Screen. No? @parachvte? @whimsycwd?
What it did for me was set all the grid values to Z9.0 which should be way high but it was way low and I think it thought it was a SM1! It wanted to scan a small grid pattern. Had to reset with a M501.

I tried a “G30” Single point probe. Didn’t work.

When I put my file through it changes it to 205/70 for the temps of the nozzle and bed. I want it at 200/50 so I change it before pressing start print. Since the new firmware update as soon as it hits 200/50 and the z goes down to the bed, it changes it back to 205/70.

My Snapmaker now doesn’t accept the temperature for the first layer and you can’t change it with the TS. He does it with the bed temperature but not with the hot end.

1 Like

I have same idea as you

Do we know when the API will be released? Will the API allow us to probe the snapmaker controller to see the status of the print job and environment variables such as bed and nozzle temp settings and current values?

Waiting on DL-ing any firmware updates for leveling fixes…

2 Likes

@parachvte,
Is there a way to create a folder on the controller storage? I would like to create a “Utils” folder to put all my gcode utility files in. If not, then consider this a feature request. (Again :slight_smile:)

Bug or feature? I noticed when the Touch Screen was in the “File List” Screen that if I downloaded a new file from WiFi it doesn’t show the new file unless you go out of that screen and then back in. Seems like it should update the list as soon as the file is downloaded.

While I’m talking about the “Files Screen”, I think it should remember the sort order you selected last. I find I am always selecting the sort by date so the latest files show up on the top of the list.

3 Likes

My suggesting would be to expose the storage share across the network for example as a samba share. Then it can be easily managed outside of Snapmaker Luban.

1 Like

I had some weird things happen. The Touch Screen stopped working. The controller was still running as I was connected via the serial line. I had just run one of my gcode files. It was a simple one, it just increments each value in the leveling mesh by -.01. This happened 2 or 3 times. I saved the log files right after. Do you want me to send them to someone? @parachvte @whimsycwd

1 Like

It’s not yet implemented in our first version of Files.

We were aware of the bug, but for simplicity skipped it.

Stay tuned on our updates.

1 Like

Send me pls, and I want more detailed description of “stopped working”.

I sent it via email.

It would be real nice if there were a public list of known bugs and feature requests that people could check before they post so SM wouldn’t get lots of duplications. Maybe include some kind of status on each as to when they are likely to get implemented or not so those questions wouldn’t be asked a zillion times!

4 Likes

So as I was running my “Check Level Hot” gcode file, it’s programmed to set the bed to 60 deg C.
I wanted to set it higher and I tried to in the “Adjust settings” screen that you can go into as you start a program. It didn’t work. The temperature stayed the same. Perhaps this is a known issue but just in case, this feature should work. It is probably the case that as soon as the gcode program executes a M140 or M190 it just sets the temperature back. But as soon as I got out of the “Adjust settings” screen, it would or should have shown the new temperature, but it didn’t.

No I use your gcode and I could change bed temperature before starting print. I does work

I had Auto Level turned on. I was also trying to change “as” I started the print.

@Tone I noticed the same issue when trying to print calibration patterns last night.

@Tone as I have massive leveling issues - did you get any feedback on this request?
@parachvte I would support this :slight_smile: