Cura settings for the A350

yes, _layer_0 is the missing part between yours and mine. If you dont use that, it will only use the standard temperature across the whole print. Which prevents you from putting down a hot first layer for better adhension

Speaking of Cura settings for the A350:

What Support Line Width should the profiles have?

The profiles Iā€™m currently using (which originally came from Snapmaker) have 0.4 as the Support Line Width.

Put simply, thatā€™s too thick. Itā€™s producing supports as strong as finished parts, and impossible to remove (for instance, from cavities) without tearing the actual part to pieces.

Anyone know what Support Line Width SM2 uses when printing from Luban?

Thats the standard Cura setting for 0.4mm nozzle. I dont think that should impact removal of the part. If it was less then Cura would just print more lines.
I find the main settings that impact support strength and removal are the support density (default 15%) and the support distance (default 0.1mm), primarily the Z distance.
Also if you are over extruding that has a huge impact on support removal as the distances between the support and model get filled in.

OK, good news.

Runout sensor works when sending direct from Cura to SM2.

I am very confident power recovery also works.

The moment I first tried the new plugin to send a print from Cura direct to Snapmaker 2, I saw immediately that the job was going to the touchscreen and printing from the touchscreen, so I was confident that the filament runout sensor and power recovery / resume features would be available.

Well, believe it or not, on that very job, my filament broke. (It was ā€œPremium PLAā€, aka ā€œPLA Plus.ā€) It broke back up at the point of leaving the spool and entering into a Bowden tube to make the journey to the printer.

The filament runout sensor worked ā€” the touchscreen paused the job, waited for reloading of filament, and the resume worked perfectly.

For the same reasons it worked (print coming from touchscreen) I am very confident that power recovery would also be available.

1 Like

Re: Cura Support Line Width

I was printing from Cura, with default settings on Supports (15% density) with the only change being from ā€œZigZagā€ to ā€œGridā€ and the result was way, way, way too strong. Was printed using Premium PLA, aka PLA Plus. I had not made any changes to support distance. No signs of over extrusion.

Now, later, Iā€™m printing again, and this time I made an edit to change the Support Line Width down to 0.3. (This option only shows up when an alternate Support Pattern, such as ā€œGridā€ (instead of ā€œZigZagā€) is enabled.)

Iā€™m printing with it now, and the supports seem more like what they should be: stable enough to stand, but not so strong as to be unbreakable ā€” as strong as a finished part should be.

See pics below of printing from Cura with 0.3 Support Line Width.

I had always understood that Grid gave too strong a bond if printed in the same material as the model and was mainly intended for dissolvable support like PVA on dual nozzle machines. There is a fairly interesting summary of Cura support options, donā€™t know if if you are seen it. Seems like way to many options for me to get my head round.

Pleased you have got a setting that works for you.

1 Like

Thank you! Helpful info.

Just popping this here for anybody it might help. Here are my Snapmaker 2.0 A350 Cura profiles for PLA as well as machine settings and start/end gcode.

Iā€™ll be working on TPU profiles next, then PETG. Wonā€™t be doing ABS, sorry. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Canā€™t wait for the PETG!

That gcode looks great. Do you know if there is a gcode command that will run the auto leveling before it starts printing?
My Creality printers use G29 T.

you dont typically run bed leveling that much, maybe between hot ends, tool changes, etc.

I am having trouble with mine. I have run both the manual and automatic leveling. When I tried to print, if I donā€™t adjust the z-offset up no filament comes out. With my Creality printers I embed the automatic level in each print.

I also like to check the head to bed position every print and this is the solution I came up with using Cura. Means I keep my Z adjustment value even after a head/bed change.

I printing with Cura 4.8.0 nowā€¦ I have watched this tutorial:

1 Like

Has someone noticed that cura now offers a plugin to connect directly with the snapmaker? I tried it but didnā€™t worked mabye one of you get it to work

1 Like

I have heard its working, ask @MooseJuice think he use it

1 Like

Iā€™ve been using it for about a month now, no issuesā€¦

Works brilliantly. There is a topic specifically on this in the forum here

1 Like

I tried it once. It does work to send the file over but still need to execute the job from the display.

Cura ā€”> Octoprint ----> Snapmaker is incredible.

3 Likes