CNC Vcarve Desktop Start and Stop

Hey guys I am working with CNC using VCarve Desktop, PP from GitHub, and tools profile loaded from GitHub. I got the Goode loaded into Luban and sent via WiFi to the controller. The problem I’m having is that it starts and stops all the time, it’s driving me crazy. The carving is coming out properly but it’s adding a ton of time.

I figured it out. Do not use offset, instead use raster. I hope this helps someone else in the future.

1 Like

I’m still having issues with this. I did some digging around and using raster over offset helps a lot. The problem is, I think, that either the machine or the PP does not handle small rounded movements very well. It will slow down to a crawl every time it encounters one. When I run a pocket toolpath with multiple tools it will only let me choose raster on the first one and the others will do offset by default and I can not change it. The raster movement doesn’t have any rounded corners so it gets executed as expected. The next tool path has a lot of rounded corners and it takes a very long time to execute with all these pauses.

Another tip when running a 2D profile tool path select the sharp corners on the outside to eliminate the round corners. See the 2 pictures below. It shouldn’t have to be that way but for now it saves some time. If any of you out there are using Vcarve please run a quick toolpath for a #, and let me know if you have the same issues.

So, I got this solved! :slight_smile:

I’m using VCarve Desktop 10.514. The curves looks like a mess in Luban but cuts correctly, just transfer to SnapMaker and go (do yout boundry check first, just in case).

I took the PostProcessor for Aspire (not vCarve) and changed two lines:

VAR ARC_CENTRE_I_ABS_POSITION = [I|A| I|1.3]
VAR ARC_CENTRE_J_ABS_POSITION = [J|A| J|1.3]

I replaced INC with ABS and so far it has turned out great! Works like a charm! A small sign that took 4 hours yesterday has run in like 30 minutes!

I’ll attach the PP-file below. Unzip and install!

Snapmaker350ABS.zip (914 Bytes)

That is awesome! Thank you. I’ll give it a shot.

I turns out that this fix causes another problem with arcs… So never mind! But it DID FIX the problem with spindle almost stopping in movement speed while cutting those arcs… Using the latest PP from GitHub fixes everything BUT THE SPEED… It’s super-slow turning them arcs…

Hi All,

I am using the latest SnapMaker post processor in GitHub and I found that when I am doing a profile cut in V-Carve Pro 10.5, the path looks correct in V_Carve but when it’s imported into Luban, it doesn’t cut the path but tries to go in huge circles. This is for both outside vectors and inside vectors. Only On Vectors seems to work for me. Any ideas what the issue is and how to fix it?

Why is this an issue, If i need to do an offset from the vector, I’m not able to do that with On Vector. One has to use outside or inside and they aren’t working correctly.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I’m not a coder.

1 Like

I was having the same problem until the 3 days ago. There are at least 2 versions of post processors (one is Aspire and the other is VCarve, and there’s a 4-axis if you got the rotary module) on GitHub. I’ve attached a “Vertric” version that works for me in a .zip, along with the 4-axis pp that works in VCarve Desktop, but I haven’t actually tried to run on the rotary module yet.

The output file that you’ll get when you save the toolpath doesn’t need to be loaded in Luban; you can save it to a thumbdrive and load it onto the machine. I loaded my files into the Luban workspace just to see how they’d look, since my Snapmaker isn’t anywhere near my computer. They looked right, so I used the thumbdrive to load the files on my A350 and they ran perfectly.

Snapmaker(Vetric)_cnc_mm.zip (1.9 KB)

1 Like

Hi Jerry,

Thanks! That created the image I wanted to see in Luban.

You rock!

I know these are old posts but is that post processor still working? I am testing V12 - thinking of going with VCarve Pro. If I use that then the circles I am getting are gone but the output is not good.