Unwanted Vcarve paths (nearly broke things)

Made some gcode in vcarve desktop for a project and everything looked good. Then loaded in Luban and transferred to the machine. Run boundary, and everything looks good.

But being my first CNC on the Artisan with vcarve I kept a close eye on it, and it started swinging VERY wide on the extremes of the machine, outside the print surface, outside the boundary I tested, and nearly took out one of the clamps.

Then I looked in Luban and saw a bunch of wild movements in light blue in the preview.

Does anyone have any ideas? I’ve searched around and seen some references but nothing I could really nail down to fix this.

This paths came from your cnc process. It seems like the travel to the surface of the carve move which is cylindrical.
I dont know your modeling-software but you have to look there about your process.
I am not so deep in cnc process and i cant name it correctly :smirk:.

Luban doesn’t do anything to gcode. So it’s a problem with your vcarve settings.

What does it look like if you use ncviewer.com?

-S

Reminds me of how backplotted Microvellum gcode looks for the CNC I ran at work. Although the machine interprets it correctly there, it looks wild in preview. However, this is likely from choosing the wrong post processor in vcarve and is using the opposite IJK interpolation that Luban/Artisan expects (absolute vs relative). A good explanation for this can be found here:

You didn’t specify which machine post processor you used to generate the file. I don’t have an Artisan to test, but unless they have a specific one for Snapmaker, Marlin would be the next test, or maybe GRBL. (I use GRBL gcode for the laser on my A350)

I think I got it.

The post processor on GitHub has an error in it. Exactly for some of those curves. If you go into the GitHub issues someone posted a fixed file. I’m running it now- there’s always a chance it still won’t work (looks like someone else couldn’t get it to work).

Fingers crossed and I’ll update.

Hi
It is possible you send the link where to find the right prostprocessor for Artisan for Vcarve? Thanks in advance