CNC plunges through the board, after opening and closing enclosure door!

CNC plunges through the board, after opening and closing enclosure door!

I wanted to clean the cutting area and the door detection stops the CNC cutting - When pressing resume the bit plunges all the way down, probably over a centimeter below the proper height, crushing the bit in the process!!!

What could have caused this error!?? - It seems like a pretty fatal one :frowning:

I have also had this issue but haven’t tried to replicate or do anything about it apart from make sure I don’t pause or let anyone open the door during a CNC job now.

I had this issue when resuming a paused CNC job also. I logged an ticket but SM said they could not reproduce it. On v1.10.1 firmware

I just had this issue, JUST updated the firmware, why is this still a problem?

STILL a problem in Sep 2022 with Luban 4.4.0 creating the file, and in Snapmaker itself firmware v1.14.3, controller v4.4.17, all latest as far as I can tell, since I just updated yesterday.

This happened on my first attempt to use CNC and I was cutting the sample phone holder. I opened the door which correctly stopped the bit and moved it home. I then closed the door, and clicked on the resume button. The plunge through the board was immediate and fast, too fast to hit the panic button and left a hole in the board, a hole in my material and killed the spare bit I had purchased. (I killed the first bit when moving to the origin and not being careful enough when lowering the bit to the material. I guess I can blame that on my own newbie mistake, but a warning in the instructions on how to set up might have averted that first disaster.)

But losing the second bit, along with damaging the material and the board is on Snapmaker. Snapmaker will you at least send me a replacement bit?

LOL. While it’s unfortunate that happened, bits are dirt cheap, buy them in 10-packs. And it’s called a waste board for a reason. Always good to have spares on hand.

Setting up the CNC project is time consuming for a reason and sometimes everything goes completely wrong. I have failed several times ( user error ) resulting in braking my bits and thats why I have lots of spare ones and a spare waste board. Both are cheap and you should order some extras - especially when you start doing more complex projects. While starting the CNC I always keep my finger on the red button for killing the action and I have become very good at it :laughing:.

Wow! 2023 and it just happened to me similarly as described in the first post!

Door opened - Door detected - Closed . Continue on Control Panel – Straight through the board.

Just happened to me