CNC orientation problems

Hey all, I’ve been trying to use the CNC module for Snapmaker and I’m having trouble getting it to run a boundary properly which means I probably messed up something in the setup. My firmware and Luban are both up-to-date.

As seen in this video, Snapmaker is only running a boundary in the X and Z axes which doesn’t make sense for a boundary. When I actually start the job, it appears to follow the same odd path it outlines. I’ve followed their CNC tutorial, among other tutorials, that goes over how to properly set up the file, but that doesn’t seem to change the weird orientation.

I’ve attached screenshots for what I’m seeing in Fusion 360 and Luban, and the output .cnc file. Any ideas?

alex1top.cnc (748.2 KB)

Hey, its been a while i used cnc last. Yout work origin in Fusion looks not too bad.
(Not sure about the orientation of the Z axis + or -, but ok)

Did your machine work with other modules normal at all?- Jog Z and Z moves?

Did you ran the postscript which is provided by snapmaker? - If so i guess the postscript is broken, try to reinstall.

Hope this helps!

I don’t see an obvious issue with the generated gcode or any of the screenshots both in Fusion or Luban. (I did not look in detail at the speeds of the movements! Always be careful with those. If it sounds bad, it’s probably bad and you should slow down)

I do notice that you have your workpiece mounted wrong in the video. The longest side of your workpiece in the screenshots is along the x-axis. This is also what I see in the gcode. The longest side of your workpiece in the video is mounted along the y-axis.

If you stand in front of the machine, X is from left to right and Y is in the direction you’re looking at.

It would seem you have your Z and Y-axis cable switched? The x-axis does seem to move correctly.

1 Like

Ugh, you’re totally right, my Y and Z cables were switched. That’s pretty embarrassing, but hey, at least the solution is simple! Thanks

1 Like

Glad to hear it got solved :slight_smile: