Can't get 10watt laser to focus

Hey guys

I am really desperate right now as i can’t get the 10W laser module to focus correctly. Problem occurs on both, manual and automated focusing. I can’t even cut 4mm pine wood right now even at 100mm/sec 1 pass, which should be easy for the 10watt laser.

I already recalibrated eveything mutliple times, changed toolhead and back to get it newly initialized and also resetted all the Snapmaker Settings using the Developer Mode, nothing helps.

The way i manually focus is the official way of using the paper they which came with the snapmaker, lower the laser until there is good resistance and press next. But i don’t get thin lines during the cutting process.

I wish there was a way to manually focus it using the ruler engraving option which was available on the old laser module. I almost everytime use the same 4mm pinewood for my projects and if i could get the proper settings once i just would manually set it to that specific height.

Is there a way to use that ruler calibration option on the 10W laser?

Not to state the obvious, but have you cleaned the lens?

Yes, i actually did using a cotton swab and alcohol (99%). I wasted so much material by now it’s not funny anymore :no_mouth:

Sometimes when cutting bigger parts i found that in the middle it was okay with the focus and on the sides it was very bad. I checked if my bed is somehow not flat or if the material is thicker on one side, but it’s all flat… really no idea what to do anymore.