Cannot start 3D print jobs on new Snapmaker

I just finished building and setting up my new Snapmaker A350. I cannot get the software to accept G-Code that I have produced in Snapmaker Luban.

• I can successfully load and preview files produced, but cannot start the print.

• The error received is: “Unable to start the job, please check your machine settings and try again.”

• When connecting to my Snapmaker via Snapmaker Luban, the machine type is not recognized and I must select A350 manually. It’s unclear if this is related.

Troubleshooting steps so far:

• I have updated to the latest firmware (v 1.11.4).

• I have verified that the cables are installed correctly.

• Resetting works correctly.

• I’ve tried with numerous files, including the standard Benchy.

Any thoughts? I’ve emailed support, but turnaround is said to be 3-5 business days right now.

Did you slice with the correct machine size?
It seems your model is maybe too big for your machine? Share your gcode for preview please!

I selected the machine as the A350 that I have :slight_smile: I encountered the same issue with a number of different files. I would like to upload the Benchy I sliced, but the forum is saying that new users can’t upload attachments :frowning:

I saw reference to a test vase print, but couldn’t find it. Any pointers?

I am having the exact same issue. Did you find a solution?

Nothing yet, but I’ll update the thread when I do. Here’s what Snapmaker support told me:

"Please provide the following information.

- A photo of the About Machin page on the touchscreen

Tap on Settings > About machine .

- The startup log of the machine

1. Power on the printer.

2. Connect the printer to the Snapmaker Luban software via the USB cable.

3. On the Console panel, type M1999 and press Enter . Then please take a screenshot of the Console panel and save the screenshot.

4. Type M119 and press Enter.

5. Type M2000 S0 and press Enter.

6. Then please take another screenshot of the Console panel.

You may refer to the following video: https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ai6rBxI_fDjYi0FL8gXFIEe85Vor?e=xZpT1a"

My next step is going to be to test out the commands recommended here and see if I can spot any issues.

2 Likes

I used the commands and found my Z-axis wasn’t working. On inspection, it had come unplugged! This fixed my issue.

1 Like

I’m glad you are up and running! This gives me something to try, thank you for sharing!