Cannot get accurate camera aid background for laser

I wanted to check if there is already a solution or the Snapmaker team would scan this forum and respond. I did not take the time to file a ticket. Now I think I have to…

I submited a ticket yesterday, i Hope they Will give me an answer Next monday, i think you should Also submit yours

I have exactly the same problem. the pictures on the right are shifted by about 1cm. Did you get a solution to the problem from support?

It’s not worth the trouble.
With anything with any thickness that’s not flat to the bed it completely falls apart.
Much faster and easier to just mark the center on the work piece (use masking tape temporarily if you don’t wan’t to leave a mark. Or you can be pretty close just using run boundary.
Spend your time making instead of wasting time on this feature.
If they fix it great, but unfortunately at this point it’s not ready.

-S

1 Like

Hey I’ve got the exact same issue, could you explain what you did before your EDIT?

[EDIT] Okay after reading other messages I went on Calibration and effectively the getting started manual don’t take every scenarios.

Hi, I have a similar issue to what @rhaycox was experiencing with strangely aligned images. I calibrated the camera using the laser cut paper square to get an image of the material on the laser cutting bed (1.7mm thick) and noticed that the square of material looked wider on the scale (150mm wide and the scale showed approx 160mm wide). I proceeded with the job and afterwards I used the same piece of material to cut out two more shapes at the bottom, but in the background image the existing pieces on the material were out of alignment on the right hand side by about 10mm (seen in below image). I then took another background image (below) after the job finished and kept the svg file in the same place to check if the image was accurate and found the centre tile to be fairly good but the bottom middle was slightly misaligned and the right-hand side was not at all lined up with the rest of the image.

I then checked the camera on the laser module and found it was slightly misaligned and fixed it as rhaycox described, then I took another background capture with a ruler (next post) to check if it had helped but I don’t see much improvement at all.
If anyone has found a solution to this it would be great to hear!

Second image as described in above post:

The issue I was having never got resolved. I just moved on to loading my projects on the flash drive and adjusting the start position by running the “run boundary” feature a couple of times. Let me know if you get it figured out!

By the way, between the time of my original post and now, I have upgraded from the A150 to an A350. Even though I was disappointed to still experience the issue on my new machine, I am still VERY happy with it.

I upgraded my SnapMaker 2.0 A350 and Luban software 4.1.2 and now the camera is not functioning??!!!

It’s in an enclosure I have been lasering for the 4 days without issue until now. I downgraded to 4.1.0 and its still not helping.

The laser module moves into position but just stays there. WTF!
SM2 - Camera not responding

1 Like

@adrianq9,

please just turn off the lighting of your enclosure.
And then perform your steps again as shown here above by you and everything will work.

Have also installed Luban 4.1.2 and everything works !!!