Camera Calibration newbie

Hi. I just got my A350 two days ago. I’m very much a newbie, and have to admit that a lot of the forum discussions I’ve seen with code and sophisticated settings are confusing. I’m sure I’ll get the hang of it, but as of right now, I’m simply in the “follow youtube videos to figure things out” stage.

I set up the laser yesterday and used the camera calibration to try to place a picture of my sister’s family on a round wooden plate. I’m using Luban ver 3.12.3 on a MacBook Pro 2020.

The camera calibrates fine, and shows the round plate in the center of the platform, just as I have it placed.

But as soon as I go to click Process, it moves the camera captured image to the top right quadrant of the screen, and then tries to print it there.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this how it is supposed to operate? It seems like everything is working according to how the videos say they should, but this has me baffled. Is it better to just use the other option and ignore the camera?

If you do a search you will find that the camera is problematic at best. At this point I would suggest ignoring it.

-S

Thanks. That is what I ended up doing. I just wasn’t sure if there was some way to shift it back to the center on the workspace. I’ve got the same issue with the 3D printer, where I pull up a file and it shows up in all four quadrants of the stage, and then when I send it to the workspace, it is only in the top right quadrant. So I assume I am doing something wrong. Just don’t know what it is yet.

I think I’m over thinking this. The type right quadrant in the workspace is the same as the whole platform on the A350.

You have got it right. With the origin in the bottom left of the bed the right quadrant is the whole bed. Make sure your work is in the picture of the stock material and it all should be good. When the camera works it actually makes things very easy.

1 Like