Camera calibration, laser too weak or too far away

I’m having the same critical issue of the Snapmaker 2 laser not engraving any lines during the Auto Focus procedure. It failed every time because the laser leaves no engraving marks.

Furthermore, I cannot even get to “Settings --> Laser --> Adjust Laser Height” because the setup wizard has no option to escape to get to settings.

I have attempted this both with the enclsoure door sensor switched off, and with the doors of my enclosure well closed.

I can see the laser beam hitting the surface of the 1.5mm wood sample supplied with the new package, but it’s as though the beam is far too weak to actually make any engraving marks. Please help!

UPDATE: I realized I could just “fake” my way through the rest of the setup wizard to get to “Settings --> Laser --> Adjust Laser Height” — However, that did not help, even when I went there and set the laser height down from it 30’s mm setting to 19.7mm and then attempted to re-run the “guide” wizard. The Auto Focus procedure still failed because the laser leaves no engraving marks. After attempting to re-run the wizard, I went back to the settings — back to “Settings --> Laser --> Adjust Laser Height” — and the laser height was again at 32.2mm.

I should add that I am using the base setup described here: Easy way to switch build plates

…In that I have magnets used to attach my laser bed pieces. However, if the laser height is “higher” than normal because my bed is higher than normal, it still should work. I am perplexed.