Calibration issue digging into mat

Curious.
Did you ever print correctly?
Switch the two converters of z and y to see if the behavior is the same, after that I would guess you have crossed the cable of y and z.

I haven’t been able to do anything with it. It took about a month of back and forth then finally able to do a live chat received and installed the new controller.
The Z axis port was not moving when plugged in the correct converts. I will try to switch and see what happens.

Video about the first calibration steps, Y-axis should move first.
Streamable Video

@xchrisd OMG that worked. It is now on auto calibration. Now though, the head is a little more than 10mm away from the board. Is that normal during calibration?

1 Like

Well, that appreared to fix itself. I manually did that after the auto calibration. I cannot express enough how much I appreciate your going out of the way to assist this novice. I appreciate your time.

Out of curiosity, did you also swap the ports on the controller after swapping the converters around?

1 Like

No no, one of the two was false :wink:
Finally uploaded the video some posts above :joy::joy:

:joy: that’s exactly like when you always see something, but when you actually need it you can’t find it.

So if I’m understanding correctly, one of the converters just didn’t want to work with one of the axis and went false but works for the other

I know what magic is transpiring from that last thing but, it’s working! The first print I’ve ever done since owning this beauty. I don’t know what I didn’t pay attention to and was on automatic. The problens since March. I appreciate off of the assistance you two

3 Likes

Glad to help, that’s what we are here for. @xchrisd was more help than I though. We were of the same train of thought, I stood back and watched as I didn’t want to confuse you from getting direction from both of us even though we were thinking the same thing.

I appreciate that. I’ve been so frustrated, especially these past few days, trying all that I could see and POOF one swap of a cord. ugh, the brain sometimes

1 Like

Now, to just make sure I have the right PLA, bed and nozzle temps. Let the printing commence!

Happy printing and fun with your machine! :tada:

I might have posted this video in the forum, but I am going to post it here again.

Please pay attention to the movement order of those linear modules.

HOME position: Z up → X left end → Y moves back, this is the HOME position.

If users mix up the cords, the movement order will mess up as well.

Cheers
Edwin