Bad printing and sticking to the table

In large prints, part of the model leaves the table. why is this happening?

This may be helpful for you: Warping | Simplify3D Software

I personally use broad brims for material that is prone to warping.

1 Like

Regular - alcohol clean the print sheet, and bed temperature.
I would turn on brim too
But people will suggest replace the print sheet.

Should I try increasing the platter temperature? I read the article you posted and if I increase the temperature it seems like this could be the solution

1 Like

I will try cleaning with alcohol. If you have any other suggestions, I’m open to listening.

Can you give a bit more details? What is your current print bed temperature? Which material are you actually using?

For PLA, most people suggest 60°C - works fine for me.

I use pla material. I use luban as a slicer, it’s simple and meets my needs. the table temperature heats up to 70 degrees, but then it stays constant at 50 degrees when printing starts.

That sounds reasonable.
So perhaps try nweolu’s suggestion and clean your print sheet thoroughly. I can recommend dish washing soap and water, many do alcohol. If your print still lifts, have a close look on the first layer: Does it have places where the material looks different from most other places? This may be an indication of your print bed not being flat. If so, try a denser calibration pattern.
And, as I said, a brim helps often.

OK, I’ll clean the print surface and try again.

All good suggestions. I would also like to add a couple of things:

If your z-offset is high, the material will not stick as good to the buildplate as it would with a low z-offset.
If there is a draft,it can/will cause warping. That’s the main reason why an enclosure helps against warping.

PLA usually don´t need high printbed temperatures. 50-60 degrees max should be enough.
Cleaning the surface and have your bed levelled well can help … or use 3DLAC Spray (I love this and use it for many of my printbeds).

Check also this: it can be, that some areas of your printbed have not the temperature you think they have. If you set 50, it can be in some areas e.g. 45 or 42 … or you have a open door or window and a little wind blow and that´s why your PLA bends.

In general and when your bed isn´t the flattest of all (like most of them are) ,-) … it can also help, to set the first layers 0,4 mm height or higher width … more material on the surface can help, too :upside_down_face:

That might be true in most cases, however not in all cases and since @yasinsarigul is having problems with warping/adhesion, there is no reason to go below 70 imo. I would also like to add that it’s probably better to increase the initial layer flow rather than the layer height in this scenario…

didn´t want to open an extra discussion on printbed temp :smile: imho and xperience, raising the bed-temperature wasn´t solving the main problem and simply costs more energy. It will help if its print bed heats unevenly to get the temp needed in that special area (or arrange the model differently on printbed if you know your spots) + all the other useful hints and tipps given :kissing_heart:

If you do have a bed that heats unevenly, a large brim has the side benefit of giving the build plate more time to even out.

Thank you all for your answers. It is very annoying to experience such situations in large prints, both a waste of time and a waste of filament. I have to try the suggestions one by one. Also, the window of the room was open, maybe the air flow could have caused this. If I can’t solve it, I’m thinking of getting an adhesive spray.

Trying the suggestions one by one might not be enough to solve the issue. I would try them all at once if I were you…

• Clean, hot and calibrated buildplate
  • Low Z-offset
  • No draft from window or ac
  • Use a large brim