Available now: SM Laser Test Grid

Hello Snapmakers!

I’ve been working on a windows application that allow us to create gCode for a Laser Test Grid on our Snapmaker.
It’s a simple application that may be useful for some of you so, feel free to test it if it suits your needs.

Feedback is appreciated!

12 Likes

@dreasi0n, testing out over the next couple weeks and will report back in.

1 Like

Hi,

After a user request, I’ve updated the files to allow to create test grids smaller than 100mm.

We can now create test grids as small as 50mm squares including all the text.

1 Like

Yeah, my AV and Windows are screaming at me not to install it. I’ll pass thanks. I was hoping for something from SM.

Your AV and windows must have something wrong as this has absolutely no problem on any computer I’ve used it.
Still, don’t use it in the compiled version. Source code is available.

Anyway, if you leave here the parameters, I’ll get you the gcode… It’s the best (safe thing) I can do.

Cant start the App under Win11.
Is there any solution?
I dont get a Error… just says that i cant run this.

1 Like

what size does this come out at with the squares set to 50mm?

Another issue.
It ran once but wont again.
My system is up to the spec required.
Any ideas?

Do you have one with filled in squares? I want to check area engraves, not just lines

1 Like

This is a great little program for testing engraving. I’ve just got the 20W laser for my snapmaker 2.0. I might look at the Gcode it generated and see if a little copy and pasting to the text will allow for multiple passes. I ran the test grid with reasonable values for engraving and it all looked great. I then made my first try at cutting values and it paused the run a few times because really burnt the wood.

hopefully that uploads the photo. I will definitely get there with this as a starter.

I second the request for shaded boxes. :pray:
Would be the icing on the cake to include line interval/dpi. :grin: