Alternative print bed sticker?

My print bed top is pretty much toast. I gouged out a piece trying to clean it up, and on the other side I have too much material I can’t remove.

So I need a new one. Buying a SM one will take ages to arrive to the UK - anyone used an alternative top/sticker for the SM2? Preferably one a bit more robust that the original

Actually I found one in the UK and have ordered it - but it’s expensive, so any suggestions how to not destroy them? I’m mostly printing PLA+ and PETG - it’s hard to get a clean bottom layer even if I remove everything I can from the bed, it seems the residue just accumulates

I use Magigoo and my bed looks the same as it did when i arrived, also prints just pop off when cool. I use it on glass on my other printer and shouldn’t need it on Snapmaker but have used it from the start because of all the horror stories in this forum. Costs a bit but lasts ages.

1 Like

You’re probably printing too close.
I’m still using 2nd side of original bed that I’ve had for 6 months. (first side I did something stupid and put a nice gouge in it) Not the prettiest thing anymore but still works great.
I use gluestick with petg.

-S

you can put some blue painter tape on top of it to keep you going

i am using a piece of glass now but it requires some elevated ability and or/ accessories to use.

i also am on the magigoo train.

Thank you for the suggestions. I think I’ve been printing too low, raising the nozzle up 0.05mm has made the difference (I’m printing around the gouge!). Had also ordered some Magigoo on a punt before asking here, glad to hear it’s good stuff.