Has anyone here tried PrintaStick?

So, after trying (and failing) with both standard gluesticks and blue painter’s tape, we decided to try PrintaStick for printing with our A350. Seems to work GREAT…however, we can’t seem to remove the last of the residue from the bed. Tried warm water, hot water, a little dishsoap and water, scrubbing with microfiber, alcohol wipes, and nothing seems to work–we can still see residue. You can’t feel it all all (no roughness or tackiness), and it hasn’t seemed to impact any of the few prints we’ve tried since the first print we tried with this, but I’m a little afraid now. Anyone have any experience with this stuff and know if I should be worried or know how to fully remove it from the print bed?

If this stuff is bad and shouldn’t be used, are there better alternatives that don’t cost an arm and a leg and work better than the go-tos of regular gluestick or blue tape?

Nice to see you again!

I use magigoo personally, nearly exclusively

i am trying some purple glue stick stuff that came with some filament as a sample right now, seems to be working pretty well for me but im on a glass bed at this point, not sure how it will do on the print sheet. i think its supposed to be for 3d printing,

at least thats how it was marketed by dremmel, but it doesnt really say it on the tube. K-stick

i dont think the discoloration/residue on the sheet is going to be a big deal though, especilaly since they are technically a consumable item anyhow.

my first sheet was pretty grodie.

1 Like

Thank you again, MooseJuice! I’ll need to go find some magigoo. You’re like my little 3D printer guardian angel. :slight_smile:

BTW, your tips helped a TON after last time. I just had to take a little break after finishing the last project, for 3 reasons: work got insane, my husband needed a turn with a multipart print project, and I realized that I wasn’t giving myself enough time to fully recover from the frustrations so I had less resilience (ugh sorry I work in mental health and the lingo gets everywhere).

I did get a nice little rainbow silk project done last night. Nothing fancy, but I’m all :heart_eyes: over the rainbow silk and I have to keep reminding myself that it’s hard on nozzles and I don’t wanna change out my nozzle yet!

1 Like

:smiley: Thats awesome,

I am getting really bored of 3d printing and didnt print anything since friday, until this morning

I decided to load up some stainless steel infused PLA to see how it prints (very hard on the nozzle)

its actually really cool, i dont have good polishing tools at home but i was able to polish some of my swatch partially and its really cool!!!

im going to be taking some stuff i print with it to work to use on our belt sanders and scotch brite belts

im going to try flexible filament soon, and maybe get into some more exotic filaments for fun as well

1 Like