Adherence of Filament

I’ve seen other people post about the filament tension on the v2. There are several posts about people having the same concern with some good suggestions. Those are two I found doing a forum search (the magnifying glass icon in the upper right) for “2.0 filament”.

Regarding your first print, most figures I’ve seen will require support of some sort. If the model includes areas that would need to start printing in mid-air, it’s not going to work out of the box. Here’s an example: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3989757. The model’s hands and cape aren’t going to start printing correctly. Since they start in mid air, the extruder will just create filament spaghetti, and that spaghetti will just float around until it gets scaped off on something. If you enable the supports feature, Luban will generate some scaffolding that will allow those areas to be printed. For that model, I think the “Touched Buildplate” support would be sufficient, but I’d want to examine the model’s layers to be sure I didn’t need “Everywhere” support. From the first model, I can’t tell if the hand holding the blaster pistol and the cape start over the buildplate or the base. If they start over the base, you will need “Everywhere” support.

1 Like