A350 Proximity sensor not working?

The nuts are facing down.

1 Like

Is there a red light if you let the sensor detect a screwdriver for example?

Is the sensor active all the time? For example in the home position
In the home position it doesn’t work.

Is there a way to skip autocalibration of the bed?
Then I should be able to turn off autocalibration in the menu and try a manual one.

1 Like

Yes, it is active all the time, this means the sensor has voltage and lights but the signal is only while bed leveling active recognized.

I tried auto bed levelling with the printhead removed from the x-axis. And never saw a red light coming on while putting the metal scraper in front of the sensor. So there must be something wrong with the sensor.

Here is it.

No red led coming up on mine

I would suggest you to email this behavior to support@snapmaker.com

I already did. They advised me to do the test with the removed printhead and contact them with the result.
Thank you for the support

Update: Support is going to send me a new printhead.

2 Likes

I’m facing a weird problem with the sensor. I changed the printbed to a 5 mm aluminum plate. As I read that it might be recognized by the sensor I ran auto calibration (3x3). In the front row all 3 calibration spots are working fine. The fourth spot (right on X, middle on Y) it worked too. At the 5th spot (right on X, back on Y) the head crashed hard into the plate. Tried that twice.

I can’t imagine why 4 spots of same material are working good, and the fifth not. As the crash into the aluminum plate was really hard with bending the whole printbed, I will not reproduce that to often.

Any ideas?

is the sensor set to the required 1mm above the nozzle?

My bed frame is a good 0.6mm lower in the rear than the front. Also you may want to flash the firmware again to erase any previous bed calibrations. My plate is 6mm aluminum and my sensor registers all spots in a 3x3 and 5x5 mesh.

Yes, I came ot the 1 mm as close as I could do. Flashing the firmware was somthing I was not aware about. Maybe I’ll try that.
But even if the bedframe is lower in the back, could this cause the issue? It seems as if the aluminum plate is not recognized in the back…?!

BTW I’m on Firmware 1.10.1 Worth trying another one?!

This happened to me as well yesterday - and I think I’ve seen people talking about it on the forums as well.
Watch carefully to see if maybe the sensor goes off the back of the plate - in other words, it’s looking for the plate, but the sensor is “hanging off the back”, so it crashes into the print bed.

This is why I always do calibration with my hand on the power switch - I’ve seen so many issues with people getting gouged print plates, so many details to miss (checking the 1mm sensor height, firmware updates). Just seemed safer.

For me, the same thing you described happened to me yesterday. After I turned it off (updated to firmware 1.10.1, whatever the latest is from Sep 1) and back on, it calibrated fine the next time.

See if maybe that’s the issue for you? Good luck.

Unfortunately not working.
I did re-flash the fw (1.10.1). Even turned the aluminum plate 360°. Doing an auto calibration 3x3 same thing happened. At the same spot. Sensor is definitely over the plate at that time.

360′?

Did you mean 180°?

I’ve seen reports that using the wrong screws to attach the plate causes alignment issues and that some people have learnt that they didn’t for their table correctly into the depression in the bottom.

Yews, sure, I meant 180°. I’m pretty sure that I did that correct. I really can’t imagine how anything misaligned could lead to that problem. Even if the bed is higher or lower in the back, why does the sensor not recognize it?!

How did you attach the aluminum plate to the heatbed? I tried this Foldback Brackets. But obviously this interferes with the printing area. Running fort attempt of calibration the nozzle went right into one of brackets?!

It is currently just held on with blue tape on the four corner edges.