A350 nozzle temp drops during print

Several times we have tried to print the same 3d model and twice now the nozzle head drops temp during the print, causing it to stop extruding. The first time we didn’t touch anything on the printer or in Luban before we noticed the temp dropping. The second time we had started the print from Luban, while the control device was still on the Control screen (where you can go Home, adjust axis, etc.), and then while printing I switched back to the main screen that shows the two temperatures. At this point we noticed on that screen and in Luban that the temperature was dropping quickly, at least down to 150 before we decided to stop the print.

Yes, we have updated the firmware. We have only had our Snapmaker for a week and a half now, so we’re still learning.

Have you guys noticed the print temperature dropping after you move around in the control device screens, like I did?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Yes I have seen this issue on my machine too.
But I control my 350 via octoprint and there the failure is not coming up.
So I dont touch this “cellphone” NEVER during a print!

Are you trying to run from Luban over usb?

If so, what happens if you send the file to your SM and run it from the the SM?
-S

1 Like

No I dont use Luban for 3D printing - doing all over octoprint nothing directly. works great
Do you know https://unchartedbull.github.io/OctoDash/index.html great plugin.

Did you buy a Raspberry PI device to run Octoprint, or did you install it on a PC?

@sdj544 we have been running it from Luban over USB. I have done a couple of prints directly from the SM. I guess we could try that again…

running jobs from luban makes things kinda weird sometimes and i dont trust it. i usually wifi the file over to the Snapmaker then execute directly from touch screen.

1 Like

@yacoubean I run it on a raspi 4 4GB with an attached touchdisplay

There are just so many weird issues that people seem to have running from Luban. I see no advantage to doing so. And I don’t really blame Luban in this area. With so many different operating systems and peoples settings for sleep and security and multitasking there are just so many different ways that it seems like it can go wrong and does.
If you need to run and control remotely octoprint is the way to go.
-S

i am also about to drink the octoprint koolaid, but if you are just starting off that can be a little much to absorb, until you are ready, try to run jobs off the display. you can use luban to send the files over though.

i have just ordered a pi 4 and some other accessories to start fiddling with this. it will be a good exercise for me.

I am super fascinated by the bed level visualization feature and it would be awesome if the snapmaker could present that information to a user so they understand why nothing works right. but that would be shooting themselves in the foot.

i also want the time lapse print videos, that is really cool :smiley:

Its not as heavy as it looks - when I can help so let me know.

1 Like

As mentioned from the other posters in this thread, printing from the touchscreen without any other device is the best and easiest way to print.

There are some problems if you print directly from your PC using LUBAN or any other machine control panel.
The communication should not loose any packet,- this would cause at least errors or stops the print,- typical wifi-problem.
Power options on your pc should be at maximum performance, disable sleep and all other power saving settings which could cause a connection drop.

Luban and the touchscreen could sniff at each other and see their controlls.- You could listen with Luban and the terminal to some things from the touchscreen or controller.

If you are in the control menu with the touchscreen and start a print from luban,- the touchscreen is waiting for your temperature to preheat, if you want to exit it would be set to 0,- i guess.

If you print from Luban, there is no Power-Loss recovery and no filament runout protection,- this features just works from and with the touchscreen, yet.

Hope this helps you to understand the machine a bit better! :wink:

@xchrisd Thanks for the info. I’m actually an IT guy so I understand the tech behind what you explained, makes sense.

What doesn’t make sense to me is why moving around in the Android control device would screw up your print. Especially if you are printing from the device instead of externally, it seems like moving around in the screens and menus would be essential on occasion. That said, I realize that the SnapMaker software is beta (alpha?) quality at best, so it being buggy could explain why a print could be hosed while messing with the device.

Hey, only cnc is in alpha stadium, I guess.
I have a example for you about blocking code from other sides like it should be when you print from Luban.

If I want to level my bed automatically, I connect serial to Luban and heat the bed to the temp I want it to be. Then I go to calibration on the touchscreen and run it, - this works just that way because the touchscreen hasn’t this feature yet.

This described scenario is the otherwise of your issue, but maybe it helps you to better understand the Luban and touchscreen to controller thing.