Dual Extruder Luban Temp Settings

Hi All,
Just got my duel printing head and been playing with getting PVA to work. I’ve found PVA (at least my current roll) needs to be printed around 240C. So in Luban I adjusted the PVA temp to 240, but when I send my print to my A350T, it prints at 215 which is way way too low. I can manually shift the nozzle up to 240, but the problem is, every layer it goes back to the default temp. Is there a way I can make sure every layer with the PVA nozzle is at the temp I set in Luban?
Thanks!

Not using Luban that much.
What version of Luban and firmware do you use?

If you are a beginner in 3d printing, you should know at the beginning of the print the nozzle temperature could not be changed till the point the extruder is correctly preheated (if it is set to wait for in the gcode).

While printing process you should be able to adjust the temperature on the touchscreen while printing over touchscreen.

I just updated Lubin and the Snapmaker firmware to latest version. I have ~6yrs working with an ultimaker under my belt and a couple months fiddling with the snapmaker.

Yeah, I wait until printing starts then change the temp setting. It prints the full layer at the correct temp, but then when it starts the next layer it returns to the incorrect low temperature.

That because the first layer (“initial layer”) has the nozzle temp set separately from the rest of the print. If you manually change the temp during the initial layer, it will always change itself on the 2nd layer. If you change the temp while on the second layer, it should remain constant for the rest of the print.

With that said, it is still a problem that it is not holding the temp you have set for it through the slicer. No clue what is causing it to do that, but it’s not right.

Ok great I’ll try that as a work around for now! Thanks

You have to change it in your material settings. A fubar to manually adjust them.

Yeah I tried adjusting the pVA settings to no avail, and am about to try using a brand new setting I just made as a “new” material.

Unfortunately it did return to the original settings every layer, so back to the drawing board. Closest fix I have so far is if I print from my computer rather than from a file sent to the printer . . .

Or adjust your settings with test articles and get them dialed in.

Just an update in case anyone else is having this problem, setting the 2nd nozzle to the “PVA” material in Luban and adjusting the temp there has had no effect. Creating a “new” material and copying over the proper settings from PVA and shifting the temp to 237, and setting that as my 2nd nozzle material fixed my issues.

Maybe you are only selecting the material in the material settings menu? This does not “activate” the material. You have to activate the material you want to use in the “select material” menu…

1 Like

Thanks. No, definitely adjusted the settings and selected the material to be used.

Ok hehe =D
If you open the gcode file with text editor and search for “flavor”. What does it say after that?

Sounds like whatever you adjusted didn’t stick. Go into your material settings and make the change there. Make sure that the nozzle is selected to be your support nozzle.