3D prints stick WAY too well!

OK Atom. I attached photos of the raft you requested. One say “stock” which are the calibrated settings with no Z offset. Then I adjusted the Z -.2, them -.4. I have tried all these setting and I get results of either no sticking at all to no extrusion because nozzle is too close.

So based on the pictures you should be using the -.2 what happens when you use that offset? (Stick to well, doesn’t stick?)

Yes with the touchscreen, just a little at a time.

It sticks too well. So, I tried to run a cube WITH a raft this time. I am attaching a pic. The good news is I could get the part off the bed, but when I went to remove the raft from the part, it ripped the bottom of the cube off. So, it looks like it adheres to the bed too well, and NOT to itself!

OK, I completed the installation of the new firmware. But has anyone advice how I can clean the bed?

@Flyspy
See
Cleaning bed tricks

@BillR94
You said you did an e step calibration, what is the number you set it to. Also can you show me a pic of the side of the cube? Finally, what temp are you printing at?

1 Like

I believe it is around 226. It was originally 212. I measured the 25mm cube after re-calibrating the e-steps and it was 25.2 on the X and 24.98 on the Y. The Z was also 25.2. I am printing at 205 degrees.I set the cube to vase mode and it measured .42 which is exactly what the extrusion width is set to.Layer height is 0.2. Pictures are the same cube at different angles due to light reflection.

You have some pretty heavy banding. But I’m not sure why… what speed are you printing at?

That is about 70mm/s

Try increasing the flow setting by 7

ok… Would that also be the “extrusion multiplier” in S3D?

BTW, thank you for working with me on this. Do you have the same issues with your machine?

in s3d increase the extrusion multiplier by 0.07. And i have had that issue but with my ender3. Also I’m glad to help, this world needs more people helping each other in my opinion :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just tried to calibrate my A250 after updating to v1.10.1 and it dug into my bed!!

ok… I will give it a try and let you know.

OK…How do I edit the existing PLA material in Luban?

You only could save it as a custom profile in Luban.

1 Like

Update: I increased the extrusion multiplier. Attached is a picture while it is still printing. I was able to remove it from the bed and separate it from the raft with no issues. It seems that I will have to use a raft for every print as that seems to be the only way to get the print off the bed

It seems that I will have to use a raft for every print as that seems to be the only way to get the print off the bed

Have you tried using glue stick?
Makes it super easy to pop stuff off.
Super simple to use. I like the Elmer’s Glue big stick that changes from purple to white when it dries.
Spread it on thin. Lasts for quite a few prints. (You’ll get a feel for when you need to redo.)
Washes off easily with a wet rag. Every so often I’ll wash the whole bed under the sink and then wipe down with rubbing alcohol.
Some people complain it’s a crutch and you shouldn’t need anything if everything’s dialed in, but I just see it as giving a greater margin of error.
I hate using rafts unless it’s really necessary (like a tall skinny piece). Why have something you have to remove or cut off if you don’t have to. I prefer to just use skirts.

1 Like

I agree, I don’t care to use rafts as it takes time and uses filament that gets thrown away. I will try the glue stick and also hair spray ans see if I can get the prints off without the raft.

Now that you found the issue, you should try printing without any of it and see if you can remove your print.
@sdj544 is right, there is no harm or shame i using a an aid, but I’m curious if your original issue has improved.