3d Printing help

I recently got my Snapmaker 2.0 A350, assembled it, and tried to start printing. I follow all the sets instructed within the start-up guide, however, I noticed an issue with all of my prints. They always read 0x0x0 mm, which I tried to fix by adjusting the print size, adding and removing supports, changing around the adhesion. However, no matter what, it still registers the print as 0x0x0mm. If anyone would be able to assist, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

@AKamran ItĀ“s hard to understand what you mean.- May you explain again, please :wink:

If you start a print, the machine will go to home position (Z up, Tool = X left, bed = Y front), the heated bed will heat up, then the nozzle will heat up (maybe they heat up together with luban, not sure now).

Once heated, the printing-module will go to the front left corner of the bed, there it extrudes a little amount of filament to clean the nozzle.
After that the print will start at the position you set your model in Luban (your slicing software).

sorry about that, so what I mean is that when I go to start the print, it views the print size as no size at all. Itā€™ll do the usual thing of heading the nozzle and the bed just fine. However, it registers the size of the print as 0 mm length, width, and height

Appears to be a bug in luban 3.9.
Also seems to have a problem with going to a white screen and having to reload it.
Use 3.8 is best recommendation.

Does SM actually use the software at all before they release it?
Or do they just open it and go, ā€œWell it opened, letā€™s put it out thereā€
-S

2 Likes

Question: Some objects require supports to print properly. Does Luban have a feature to generate supports when needed?

yes it does.

the ā€œpre releaseā€ verison on the forum has added manual support adding

but the normal newest version will auto add supports if you select the option to do so.

Great, but I guess Iā€™m blind in one eye and canā€™t see out of the other. Iā€™ve looked all over the Luban screen and menus but canā€™t find where to do that. Embarrassing! Please help. Thanks!

no problem, its kinda weird how to activate it

so first, you have to make a custom profile by clicking here:

then click support

which will give you this s creen

it doesnt relly how you how they come out as far as i know outside of the workspace preview which is difficult to see cuz it is mostly toolpaths

in the prerelease they added this:

so it lets you place some where you want, with a few options for the size and such.

1 Like

Got it! Thanks Moose!

1 Like

MooseJuice: Thanks to your help, Iā€™m now printing my first object with supports. It appears to be coming along great. You are a good teacher! One thing I noticed is that under the ā€œcustomizeā€ option, none of the customization selections are available (all grayed out) unless I choose the ā€œA350 Fast Printā€ profile. Is that normal or am I still missing something?

1 Like

Thats because you have to start a custom profile for changing the settings, and you likely hit the plus button for a new profile while fast print profile was selected

they are trying to protect the original profiles so you have something to fall back on, but it allows you to start a new profile based on the original stock ones.

you can do it with the other profiles or just create your own from scratch

the yellow highlights on this picture are the originals and the green ones are the custom versions of them

on the latest version you can access a material/setting manager, but i think thats only available on the prerelease version in the forum. i might be wrong about that, i dont frequently use luban

Thanks again Moose! Your detailed instructions are really appreciated!

1 Like