3D Printer Under extrudes or not at all

You might open the little door and peek, make sure you see the filament going in and the extruder turning. I mean their filament can’t not melt so either you’re not getting the motor push, there’s too much holding the filament back that the motor can’t cope, or the thermistor is not resulting in the right temp to continue extruding. [EDIT I suppose you could also be calibrated so tight to the bed that the nozzle backpressure is preventing anything coming out…]

If you just set the nozzle to a good height above the bed, centered, heat it up, and hit the ‘load’ command several times does it keep extruding as long as you keep hitting the command, or is it dying out doing that too?

Did you remember to change the slicing profile and turn “Retraction” down to 1mm from the 5mm default, again? I saw you did show it before… (I haven’t figured out getting settings to ‘save’ right seems like I have to re-enter them every time myself…probably just as well for now, keeps me cautious.)

Post about the loose bit and a bunch of similar troubleshooting that might help you was in this thread, it was actually @xchrisd who mentioned it that I half-recollected the first time! Funny thing, memory.

This guy has posted a story that sounds kind of like he had a loose electrical connection either to the toolhead or controller matrix that might have been preventing the extruder commands from getting transmitted:

Don’t give up! Not to hijack your troubles but I just did my first ~6 hr print of my spoolholder design for my desk pipe support that I posted the CAD of earlier. Dry fit of pieces without the furniture bolts to hold it on yet is perfect, I think it will work very well. I’m honestly quite impressed with the dimensional accuracy I’m getting, and I’m not even trying for ‘pretty’ yet this is still on a variation of ‘Fast’ settings just higher infill and more side walls for some strength.

(You can see the poopy weak clamp I was using below my assembly on the same pipe.)

2 Likes