3D head pulling through print

So I have finally found the time to tune in my 3D print head and when printing some simple squares I noticed the head just goes straight through the initial layer (see picture) is there a setting in Luban or Gcode to prevent this? It ruins the bottom layer.

Next to that I have a feeling I’m pressing my layer a bit too far into the bed, since the lines are very squished out, but since I’m quite new to 3D printing I am not sure. If anyone could give some insight in this it would be greatly appreciated!

Hey there! Looks like you should calibrate again. The Printing in the bed-plate is damaging it. Also this could be the issue with the driving through your print. There are also different options to manage this in Luban and also on the Touchscreen. While Printing, you can change the z axis - maybe put it 1mm higher. In Luban there are options in the printing settings on the right side before you generate the G-Code. Its called “Retract & Z Hop”

You should also first Copy a Setting (Create a fresh one) and then change the copied Setting, so you dont mess with the defaults too much.

Thanks a lot for the quick and complete reply!
It seems like this print is done in 6 hours so I’ll do some smaller ones to test with those settings.

I used the provided calibration card until I could barely move it and pushing it would fold it. That’s what I learned from a friend with a 3D print (Creality) So i might need to be just able to move it without folding?

I did copy the originals, my experience with changing config files has learnt me to make a backup or work in a copy :sweat_smile:

Will update or mark as solved once I get to testing, again thank you for the quick reply.

Looks like you have the nozzle too close to the bed.

When the printing is underway, swipe the touchscreen to the left and you can adjust the Z to raise the nozzle a little and see if that looks better, raise a little more if needed.

This is a function you will need to use all the time if you switch between filament types, e.g. PLA needs a bit of squish, PETG needs the nozzle higher so the extruded plastic more of less flops onto a hotter bed.

I always slice my models with a skirt of 3 or 4 lines to allow me to fine tune the Z height at the start of the print job.

That’s a very good idea, I had no idea this was possible. It worked great with +0.1 for me this time.
Shows how little makes for annoying blemishes/mistakes in prints. Now to fine-tune the settings per filament that I have. Thank you for that information. With yours and @Fleecimton 's advice my test print came out perfect (for my standards) :+1:t3: