Z Axis Problem Nozzle Doesn’t Print Close Enough To Heated Bed

I am new to Snapmaker as well as new to 3D printing. I followed the instructions to calibrate the bed on all 4 points with the provided calibration card but when I select a project to 3D print it hovers about half an inch above the heated bed instead of printing on it. So all it does is drag filament around instead. I have tried pulling GCODE from pre made items on Thingiverse and GCODE from items I made in fusion 360. They all give me this result.

of actually creat a 3D print.

Hey @DConn, does the homing process do like it should? Do you hear the click at the bottom of the z_axis?

Yes it does the clicking like it should. I showed a friend of mine the video and he was saying it goes to the home position properly and clicks at the bottom of the Z Axis. It also purges to the left but when it goes to print It stays way to high above the hot plate. I’ve messaged snapmaker but they have only recommended software updates and take a day to respond after I do what they suggest and it doesn’t work.

Did you follow the steps shown in the video below?

@JKC20, He’s got a Snapmaker 1.

1 Like

Hey, did you save your calibration? Please connect it to the PC and start luban or snapmaker. Connect to the right port and input the command M503
Post the text here pls.

I think the problem was a bad save on the calibration. Every time I was tapping save lightly and noticed the back button would flash like it was being pressed even though I was pressing the top right of the screen to hit save. I went through calibration again and this time held save down until it showed as being pressed and it is now printing on the bed! Thank you all so much for your help!

2 Likes

Great, the M421 presents your calibration points!