WI FI CONNECTION issues

Literally just received and set-up my Snapmaker 2.0 (trying the 3D printing feature first) and I’ve managed to get all the way to generating my first G-code file and I can NOT get the drop down menu within the LUBAN software to recognize my Snapmaker. I gave my machine a name (and joined the same wi-fi network that my laptop is using) via the touchscreen device with the machine but nothing populates in the “choose a machine” dropdown via the software interface on my laptop. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! (And I have not tried the USB method because I really want to make use of the wi-fi capabilities.)
Thanks in advance!

First, the obvious: an address will only appear if your Snapmaker is actually on, you press the Refresh button (beside the dropdown, with the curved arrows in a circle), and then you drop the dropdown and select it. Luban isn’t bright enough to pick up the machine without a refresh or auto-select it when it does see it. (There are also certain issues with router frequencies and also with some of the more complex wireless security schemes, but if the Snapmaker found the network via the touchscreen, I doubt these apply in your case.) If you can figure out what the IP address is via a network-probing tool, you may be able to enter it manually.

You also have the option of using sneakernet: export the gcode to a file, place the file on a USB stick (the one that came with the Snapmaker will do, or any other USB2 FAT-32 formatted stick), carry it over to the Snapmaker, and stick it in the USB port.

1 Like