Why are my linear modules making funny noises?

Recently, my Snapmaker linear modules started making noises like it was clinking against something metal. This happens every time I run the machine. This has had no apparent effects on the machine. However, it is now an awful racket to run it.

I’ve had the machine for 3 months, and this noise started a week ago. I use the machine, on average, once a week. It has never made any noise like this one. The linear modules all sound like something is clinking inside of them. I’ve checked, and the modules are not ramming into any other part of the machine.

Is there any way I can fix this? Are the motors dying? Is there something loose/broken inside the module?

Edit 1: The noise is more rattle-like than anything

Have the dust strips loosened up?
This isn’t unusual and why they include a tool for adjusting the tension.

Is there play in your module brackets? (If you grab the tool head is it firm? Or is there play where you can rock it back and forth or up and down?)

Lastly, double check that all of your screws, especially on the underside of the carriage are tight. They’ve been know to loosen up. Some people use loctite, but I haven’t found this necessary.

-S

There is a little play in the z-axis, but it will only go down and not up. The noise also comes from the y-axis modules as well. The noise appears to be coming from inside of the linear modules themselves.

It would be best to record the sound in a video and post here

I am trying to post a video, but a pop up keeps appearing that says, “Upload Failed.”

My video was too big, (30 seconds) so I shortened it to 1 seconds. The Noise:

I don’t think it sounds alarming. If you put your finger on the steel strip does the noise change? I also think as sdj said above, it could be the steel strips.

It was the bed. I had the laser engraving panels on and swapping them for the hot bed and the noise disappeared. Apparently they the panes weren’t on tightly.

I have noticed that as well - I actually taped the panels together with masking tape on the ends to keep them from vibrating against each other.