What causes this?

I am trying to calibrate my new SM2 A350. I have tried testing the z-offset 0.05mm-.15mm, adjusting the E-step, verifying flow rate, adjusting retraction distance, leveling on 3x3, 4x4, and 5x5, putting a piece of glass on the platform to make sure the platform is flat, and scratching the surface of the glass to make the first layer stick better. Besides these, I am using all the default values because my test prints are failing so badly that I can’t continue with testing other parameters. There is almost no improvement from my first print to now, despite all these changes.

I’m guessing.

1. failed to calibrate the height.
    The height seems to be too high.
    If the left side of the screen is used as a reference, the height seems to be higher toward the lower right.

Result
Please calibrate more strictly.
Some glass plates have poor flatness dimensional tolerance.
Do you take that dimensional variability into account?

Caution
Calibration height
Flatness of printed bet sheet, glass plate and aluminum base plate

I have tried leveling many times. How would leveling explain the whole top side of the print? The print doesn’t even touch the perimeter. (As a result, when I take it off the bed, it falls apart into one long thread).

For more information: the rest of the print looks like this and is also a failure. There are holes on EVERY corner, including the ones that are leveled correctly.

s-Inked65200951c3eb7bfbb05cb4d7286006932f73732a_LI
s-Inked7128fdb2f1884a1dbf763c9b7bff86886e498fc4_LI

The reason it becomes one long thread is because the stacking height is so high that it does not join the second layer.

Before using the glass plate, please use Snapmaker’s standard print sheet for calibration and stacked prints.

Does the same thing happen?

1 Like

1 Like