What are the best PLA Settings ? Having challenges with adhesion and delamination

Snapmaker PLA has been hit or miss for a long time, particularly the black. As far as we can tell, the actual supplier changes regularly based on whatever is cheap at the time, or the steady supplier has poor quality control. It’s a roll of the dice if your PLA is good or bad.

I agree with @Rwide that it looks like you’re a bit too high. Your pictures aren’t high enough resolution to zoom in, but it looks like the lines laid down aren’t smushing together. The lines of filament laid down should fuse into a solid surface. Take a look at https://blog.prusa3d.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/first_layer.jpg

As far as your temperature range, you’re not experimenting enough. I printed a temperature tower from 185C to 225C. That’s something you’ll want to do with every spool you get, because enough consistent brands might change a bit over time.

There is a guide for calibrating the V2: 3d Print Guide_Walk Through It includes a GCode temperature tower. I think it’ll work for Artisan too, but I don’t know if anybody has said for sure.

1 Like