| Waiting for staff reply | When I get my Snapmaker 2.0?. Day 02

If the snapmaker team does not send the printer by the 25th ( The shipping date of your purchase has been pushed back to between October 22, 2020 and October 25, 2020 ), my patience will run out.

1 Like

Well, I have already sent them quite a “compelling” email to express my dissatisfaction at getting Rosa Parks’d and sent to the back of the bus. It is not okay for them to be shipping out orders placed later than mine while neglecting me. I paid the amount asked for this machine and I dam well deserve more than “Your order is delayed”. Especially when I’m not against working something out, but the silence and opacity is probably the worst thing they could do.
Am I the only one angered by the $50 coupon for the rotary module as an apology for the delay? Kind of pisses me off that they would use their failure to deliver on their word as a way to try and sell me more stuff.

that’s all they SM cares about, shameless sales, once they have the money they do the bare minimum so that you don’t ward off other potential buyers.

well, I am not trying to villainize them, I just want what I am owed at a minimum. beyond that knowing I am invested with a company that I can rely on to have my back would be nice.

believe me i don’t want to villainize them either… but it is simply the truth as far as i can tell… i have been on here for months and i have seen others say the same. they just seem to be so focused on growing a user base they don’t care about the customers they have… and you become a customer as soon as the money is in their hand. just as an example my machine has been broken since 9/21 and yet support still refuses to respond to me. i know i’m not alone either, i just responded to another user who has had a ticket in since 9/28 with no response. they release new equipment when we are still suffering from major issues with the equipment and software they have already released. i have been apart of this forum for months and i have seen no real effort by the staff to resolve the issues brought to their attention. in fact there is very little staff presence at all. so i’m not trying to turn anyone into the bad guys. just stating a fact that they clearly care more about getting new users then making things right for the ones they have.

1 Like

I have had issues with my 3DP bed since February with no resolution from SM and no responses from them either. I am at the end of my rope with SM.

SM @staff STOP WITH THE NEW PRODUCTS AND TAKE CARE OF THE BROKEN UNITS ALREADY IN THE WILD. YOU WILL NOT SEE A THIRD SUCCESSFUL CAMPAIGN IF YOU CONTINUE IN THIS MANNER.

3 Likes

Is anyone else thinking maybe it actually IS time to “villainize” them?

Not villainize, but start speaking the actual truth about their support? Just facts, no insults or judgments, but it feels OK to start reaching out to the FB group, to 3DP streamers, to Naomi Wu, to the influence peddlers, with a LOOONG list of the people whose printers have been broken for months with no reply. That’s ridiculous.

I think if we simply gathered up all the FACTS about their support and put it in one place, we’d have a very simple story to tell.

• When did you email them?
  • When did your machine encounter problems?
  • When did you hear from them?
  • How long did it take to resolve, or is it still unresolved?
  • What’s a fair resolution (replace part, extend warranty, free extra parts, more material, an apology)?
2 Likes

Start a thread on FB, (both SM forums).
That’s where staff seems to be most active and also where most prospective owners show up.
Ask for just the info and to refrain from comments (okay, maybe that’s a pipe dream)
Ask to post updates when/if resolved.
I know you can create a poll on FB. Is there some other sort of thing like a google doc that people can add info to?
Start a thread here too, just to cover bases.

-S

1 Like