Upgrades - Printnig Module - Linear Modules and Power Module

I just received an offer to upgrade the modules t
hat came with my 350 ver2.0. I have owned my 350 less than six months so I need to understand more why the upgrades are required. Even with a 50% discount, this is over 500USD, so deal or not, help with more clarification, is welcome.

1.) The linear modules, do they provide greater resolution? How do they improve the performance of the 350? Will the Linear modules work with the existing power supply? ( if I don’t upgrade the power supply)

2.) The power supply module: Seem the fan noise is the only real improvement. I don’t have an issue with the fan noise. Also, the power draw is minimal and only while the unit is powered on during printing. at 15 cents per kilowatt hour, the unit would have to be on for years to payback the power savings (cost of watts) for the cost of the upgrade. Does it provide better power, more watts, more regulation, less ripple, why is this upgrade required to “improve the printing/resolution performance of the 350”?

Please Snapmaker, provide a side by side performance comparison between the modules you included with the machine as delivered and the new modules.

I will say that having to spend an additional 500USD clearly shows a product that was shipped before the correct components were ready. This should have been handled as a recall of materials/components.

2 Likes

Hold your breath. These questions have already been asked here and in other forums by different users with no answer from Snapmaker. It seems that they do not consider it necessary to inform potential buyers of the precise technical specifications of the products they pretend to sell. It is a process of buying, and then discovering. Sometimes it reminds me of Apple stuff campaigns.

Didn’t see you made multiple posts on this. Answered over here

I received this upgrade offer for my SM2 350 also, but didn’t jump on it. Unfortunately one of my y axis modules failed so now it seems it might be time to buy. Trouble is I can’t find this offer. I can order just the linear modules (which are currently sold out) for considerably more. Does anyone know if there is a way to still get this offer?

From the email:

Try asking support for a discount code.

Or get a warranty replacement of the failed module.